Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Default Digi Pre post-PT10?

Since it doesn't appear in the "to be discontinued" list of blue interfaces, is it safe to assume that the original blue-face Digi Pre will still work in PT11 and beyond? It's a little confusing because first some general language is used that says "all legacy interfaces" will lose support after PT10, but then the Pre isn't listed. I'm working with a client to trade / sell his old gear and want to make sure it's ok to keep the Pre around and that it will still be supported once PT goes 64 bit etc. From the PT10 FAQ:

Quote:
Pro Tools 10 will be the final full version release to support Pro Tools|HD (TDM) hardware and legacy "Digidesign" audio interfaces.
and then:

Quote:
Pro Tools 10 will be the final supported feature release for legacy Digidesign interfaces and controllers, including:

192 I/O, 192 Digital I/O, 96 I/O, 96i I/O, SYNC (original "blue"), SYNC HD (original "blue"), MIDI I/O, 003 family, Mbox 2 family, Control|24, Command|8, Pro Control
So the Pre is safe right? I'm guessing / hoping because it doesn't directly connect to the HD/HDX cards it kind of acts more like a 3rd party Mic Pre than a Digi interface and thus won't be affected by the upcoming changes to 64 bit, but can anyone confirm?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Digi Pre post-PT10?

It will continue to function as a preamp, because that's all it is.

The only thing that could change would be the ability to control it from within Protools software. If they break support for that, then you should still be able to control it from the unit itself.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM

bule and gray are both controlled via MIDI
I don't know how 11 could tell the diffrence

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Thanks guys, that's what I figured, but with someone else's money on the line I had to be sure. Much appreciated.