Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Default Edit Window Display problem...

Hi, feeling slightly inept right now but I think I've tried everything.

In my studio I use 2 monitors (MacPro Quad -core etc.) generally with the mix window on the left and the edit window on the right. I've now brought a session out from the studio and am recording in a different location on a MacBook Pro and have opened this PT session to find only the mix window will display. It's as if PT thinks I still have a second monitor plugged in and the edit window is on that, but my mouse cursor won't go on to the phantom second screen to let me drag the edit window back on to the laptop screen.

This has happened once before and deleting the PT prefs sorted it, but I've tried that twice now and it's not working. The only way I can view the edit window is by moving the mouse in to a 'hot-corner' which makes it display all the windows, but when I click on the edit window it just slides back off to the right out of view.

The weird thing is, although all my sessions have been saved using the same two monitor setup, it's only this one that fails to realise I'm now opening it with only one. When I toggle between the windows ('cmd'+'=') it just thinks it is displaying the edit window (it is checked in the 'windows' drop down menu) but it's not.

Please, does anyone know how to fix this? It's wasting valuable time!

Thanks

Ben

Mobile - MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, PT v7.3.1, 002R, 003R, MBox + 3rd party stuff
Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Edit Window Display problem...

Try going into System Preferences --> Displays and changing the resolution of your display, with Pro-Tools open

sometimes this works

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App