Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Structure 2.0.7. Samples not loaded.

Bump. Still broken. 10.13.6 and 10.14.2. Pro tools 2018.12. 2.07 and 2.10. Reported on AIR forum, nobody gives a damn. There is an employee there copy-pasting the same reinstall/reboot crap or straight ignoring posts. Terrible support and terrible company. Shame on them. Trying to load 2 instances of 25 Ewe Drums patch. First one OK. Second one- red exclamation marks, missing samples. You can load n-amount of patches before it stops loading sub-patches despite very low ram usage and powerful machine.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM

I gave up on Structure a few years back. A time and money funnel. Loved some of the sounds, the instruments and had built some sessions using some of them but the loss of time and money was just too profound. Air is lost in space. Save yourself the worry and get some real libraries. Spendy I know but time is of the essence in this business.
The very first Structure library was wonderful and worked so well. Straight downhill after that.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to hear it!!!
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 01-13-2019, 11:22 AM

I got it working with a complete reinstall of the sound library! Then re-scan in Structure.
And if there are still missing files then use the „Spotlight“ function in Structure.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 03-21-2019, 11:50 PM

Having Structure Samples on a remote drive USE TO WORK - the ONLY WAY I can get Structure to"find" the sample is to have Structure sample on the LOCAL SYSTEM drive.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
Having Structure Samples on a remote drive USE TO WORK - the ONLY WAY I can get Structure to"find" the sample is to have Structure sample on the LOCAL SYSTEM drive.
Works fine here as that library is like 50GB so I would rather theow it out of the studio than have 50GB taken up by old tired Structure sounds. Never use them anyway.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-02-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
Me too...

Had it on an external drive for a couple years, but was constantly chasing "file not found "errors & non-working tracks... unusable from a consistency basis.

... and even on the system drive, if I have a session using more than 5-6 instances of structure, I'll occasionally get the red exclamation warnings...

If I commit a few structure instantiations & then close/re-open the project, it's all good.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 04-02-2019, 02:14 PM

I have ALL my Structure samples on a separate drive and have no problem whatsoever. You just have to tell Structure where to find them.

Chris - If you're talking just the factory samples, I can see your point. But, for sound designers, Structure can be great to work with to create new patches from various sound sources...sounds that even you would like!

I also use Structure for special fx processing. Its great for doing cool vocal effects. Chop up a vocal track, assign specific syllables or phrases to specific keys on structure, and apply different processing fx to each individually. There's not many other samplers out there that offer that much flexibility and are as easy to use.

My real beef isn't Structure per se - its with AIR. They seem to have abandon their users altogether. There are many feature requests that have been made and bug fixes requested that haven't been addressed in well over a year. Where the heck are they?