Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Can't lower the buffer size for HD Native & Omni with 3rd party DAWs?

Hi All,

I'm using win7 64bit with PT11 and HD Native & Omni , everything is fine in this combo, however I can't change the buffer size from 1024 if I used other DAW's like Cubase7 64bit or S1 64bit (note: it's working fine if I use Cubase7 32bit or S1 32bit)

Any idea how can I get this fixed?

Thanks
AK
Old 02-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Can't lower the buffer size for HD Native & Omni with 3rd party DAWs?

Make sure you are running the 3rd party applications as an administrator. It's something that they don't make very clear in the manual, but it is required.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Can't lower the buffer size for HD Native & Omni with 3rd party DAWs?

Try launching the other DAW with as administrator. I had this problem when using ableton as a rewire plug into protools and it turned out to be fixed by this, except that ableton, when used as a rewire plugin only, will only work up to 1024, when put to 2048 there is a clearly heard bit rate syncing error, as if ableton wont go above the limit, even tho when using the avid hd omni native system, thunderbolt or pcie, ableton can utilize the full buffer fine. I dont know if this applies to other DAWs as I havent used any others this way, but it does sound to me as if your problem could be one in the same.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:24 AM

Hi' if may add in DAW's like CB you can check release driver when application is in background/or auto release for some DAW ;Do this for all daw's an plug's like standalone! /also dvd/brun suite's that you can't set what it use's/reason they lock on to the best audio/video device in your system and can also causes I/O an interface connection's problem or setting Hz change's

Have fun not problems
popajoe

PS: something i forgot that you may know but some may not ; on PC's we must keep a set of speaker of some type connected and on at all times ; or your OS will switch to the next interface that's on.even win you have disable it there it will keep changing back this can happen in session to if you unplug or turn off the speaker. we must have a speaker connected for OS on-broad sound card to work. I like to use a old pair of headphone plug in back of PC so i don't have too remember to turn on the monitor if you don't it will change to the one that's on.

Last edited by popajoe; 05-27-2014 at 02:22 PM.