Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-10-2005, 01:22 PM

Default BATTERY 2 Digi CS Please read last paragraph

Weeks ago, I was in the middle of a production. I called it a day on monday, after programming drums ALL DAY in battery2. Tuesday I come in to work, open my session, and attempt to get back to it.. As soon as the battery2 tried to sound off, CRASH!!!!!

After an exausting morning of testing, I found that battery2 would only crash when multipule outs were assigned. I'm the admin of my rig (though my associate engineer and I don't use multiple log-ins), sure enough
monday night he installed quicktime 6.5.2 THAT is what changed...

@ the time i was on 10.3.8 pt 6.7cs8...Now im on 10.3.8 PT 6.9...NOTHING I'VE TRIED WILL FIX THIS!!!

I've removed the QT app, nothing....I've COMPLETELY removed battery2, repaired permissions, re-installed battery2.0, then repaired permissions again, and installed 2.1 and DFD....NOTHING..

Any other ideas?? Native, while lazily attentive...Has proved USELESS in my mission to rectify this annoyance.
I'm of course wasting HOURS of time with workarounds, while discounting BILLABLE TIME to my clientel.

Digi-CS, can anyone there decifer a crash report, I get one every time..Native cannot use them.. just curious..
Old 05-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: BATTERY 2 KOMPLETE CRASH??!!!??

hi man, i'm sorry i cannot help you with you, but maybe you can check my message and give me a hand...bugs with proo tools and battery 2 too.
thanks
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?&Number=822883

link edited by admin
Old 05-11-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: BATTERY 2 KOMPLETE CRASH??!!!??

shameless bump..

Catfish..I'm failing to understand.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: BATTERY 2 Digi CS Please read last paragraph

Digi CS ?? BUMP
Old 05-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Avid

First, you have not given a list of troubleshooting steps you have taken. Did you do all of the steps in the 'General Troubleshooting' sticky? If not - start there. Also trash any Battery preferences.

We also need a complete system profile - computer model, RAM, peripherals, etc.

A good explanation of EXACTLY what problems you are encountering. You say things like 'crash' and 'NOTHING' - does that mean hard freeze, unexpectedly quitting, kernel panics or something else entirely?

A crash report will do nothing for us until we know where things stand and what specific steps you have taken to rectify the situation. The more complete information you can provide (sans any crash reports), the easier it will be for us to diagnose the situation.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:42 AM

macman3d can you tell me how do you used battery 2 in pro tools? with aux or track?
do you use the grid mode?
thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 11:43 AM

I've had the same problem here. Changing Protools' playback buffer to 256 samples seems to have solved it.