Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM

Default Upgrading Eleven Rack

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and purchased an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools LE back I believe in 2010. I went to NAMM ( I work at a music store ) got a good deal through where I work but never had time to use it. So I have been messing around with and want to start diving in.

So on to the questions/ statements and here is what I am looking to do.

Q1 -Is it possible to upgrade an older Eleven Rack ( I believe I have version 1.0.2 ) to the latest version with the expansion pack?

Q2 - I have Pro Tools LE ( I think version 7 ) running on an out dated Dell XP machine. Would it be possible to install the same software on a newer windows machine (Windows 7) as I have all the original install CDs?

Any info / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Jim
Old 03-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Upgrading Eleven Rack

The Eleven Rack hardware hasn't changed, so yes you can update to the expansion pack.

You could probably install Pro Tools 7 on a new system, but it's outdated to the point that I wouldn't even bother. Just download the standalone Eleven Rack editor if you want to edit presets on your computer
Old 03-27-2017, 09:28 PM

Many of the original ProTools LE disks did not work and you had to download from Avid, if I recall.
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Intel Haswell-E Processors 3.3GHz Core i7-5820K 6-Core; Memory - DDR4: 16GB DDR4-2400 Quad Channel (4 x 4GB); Primary Drive (OS): 240GB SSD SATA3; Secondary Drive (Audio): 2TB 7200 rpm SATA2; Graphic Card: 1GB (HD5450) Dual Display Graphics Card; Optical Drive: 22x CD/DVD Dual Layer Burner; Windows 10 64-bit; PT 12.5; Studio One Pro 3.2; Cubase Pro 8.5; REAPER; MixBus 3
Old 03-30-2017, 11:20 PM

Thank you for the info....

I am assuming then I can update the firmware before I get the expansion pack?

Thanks !
Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM

Default How and Where can I upgrade the firmware ?

Sorry for the tons of questions....I'm looking to get a new Pro Tools System, but I want to be as cost effective as possible.

So my question is how and where do I upgrade to the latest version firmware for the 11 Rack ( I purchased mine in 2010 )?

From what answers I have received from my previous post, none of the hardware has changed since the 11rack has been out so doing a firmware update is possible?

Thanks !
Old 03-31-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredJim View Post
Thank you for the info....

I am assuming then I can update the firmware before I get the expansion pack?

Thanks !
Huh? The Expansion pack is a firmware update. Firmware 2.x is the expansion pack.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:43 AM

Default Re: How and Where can I upgrade the firmware ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredJim View Post
Sorry for the tons of questions....I'm looking to get a new Pro Tools System, but I want to be as cost effective as possible.

So my question is how and where do I upgrade to the latest version firmware for the 11 Rack ( I purchased mine in 2010 )?

From what answers I have received from my previous post, none of the hardware has changed since the 11rack has been out so doing a firmware update is possible?

Thanks !
From what firmware version to what firmware version and what problem are you trying to solve?

You only get version 2.x firmware if you purchase the expansion pack.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 AM

Ok thanks... just found that out. I didn't realize the expansion pack was the firmware update as well.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 AM

Default Re: How and Where can I upgrade the firmware ?

I just realized that they were both....expansion was also the new firmware.

Thanks !