Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-15-2010, 05:42 AM

Default Re: DAE error 6006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonestonne View Post
I know all about the TI chipsets, and I've been doing lots of work in trying to identify cards for laptops, as well as desktops that will *definitely* be compatible. I'm a mod on the M-Audio forums, so I've seen these issues, they don't have to be re-explained to me.

The TI chipsets are most recommended, however there has also been success on certain VIA chipsets as well as Agere chipsets. This suggests that there may be some more variables lurking, such as manufacturer. Belkin cards seem to have a high success rate, which is evidence that while the individual chipset may have a high compatibility rate, but it could have something to do with reference design cards.

I have both a TI FW card, and an Agere, and they perform equally well, however I don't use them for Windows much anymore, as I'm expanding Delta series in my rig.

Replacing the Firewire cable is also known to solve some problems. I can't say I've used the FW cable that came with my solo anymore, and while I didn't have any issues with it, there have been users reporting some solved issues by swapping cables.
This is all true. But I have used firewire chipsets that work with sonar and get 6006 errors in PT. PT itself is finicky with firewire. I get my 2626 working with other cards including the Dynex one. Just not with PT.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Default Re: DAE error 6006

Happened to me as well the quick fix is to upgrade to XP SP2 if youre on windows or can try this window update component windowXP-KB926255-ENU download this update thrn it should fix your problem. Work on mine