Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 AM

Default New Registration

I purchased a new 11 Rack (without ProTools) that I am trying to register. I am having no luck. The product seems to "register" fine, but it never shows in the account as a registered product. During the process, it continues to the software activation section. I don't need to activate software, just register the hardware for support in case it fails. It has the latest firmware and everything is operational (except the registration). AVID tech support is useless and completely unhelpful. All suggestions welcomed.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: New Registration

The Eleven Rack has never been sold without Pro Tools software. It sounds like you purchased it from someone advertising it as new, but actually reselling it without the software.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 AM

So does that mean the hardware can't be registered without activating the software?
I just did the same thing. Actually just opened the box a few minutes ago. I bought it "new" without the software because I wanted a second unit to keep in a portable rack case while leaving the first one racked in my desk and hooked up to the computer, monitors, etc.
I didn't need a second copy of Pro Tools so I thought $350 for a "new" 11R was a great deal.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:44 AM

The question still remains. Can it be registered? What would happen in the reverse if I bought the combination package, but didn't register Pro Tools? It doesn't seem like an option. Its looks to be all or nothing. Any further advice appreciated.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:48 AM

Interfaces do not show as registered in your account, at least they never have for me.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Fair enough and thanks. At least I won't be trying to do something that's not been done before in the first place.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Avid

To clarify a few things...

1. Eleven Racks - regardless of software content - would (should) always include a registration card for the unit itself that would be used here: www.avid.com/reg. If you didn't receive a registration card, chances are the unit may have been pre-owned or an open box, etc.

2. Audio hardware product registrations do not show in Avid accounts, only software that was activated within the account will be listed under "My Products and Subscriptions".

3. Software activation and hardware registration are independent of each other. One is not required for the other.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Larsen
Avid Customer Care
Old 11-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Thanks Jeff. Just tried it again and it took this time. Go figure! That said, I LOVE the unit. Really quite a stunning sound. I really hope that plans for future development are not scuttled as I've been reading. Its one of the better units out there IMHO.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:56 AM

Agreed, it's a great unit but could use a little developmental love. My fingers are crossed for some kind of news to emerge at NAMM. Avid has decided to keep this product line instead of selling it off so I would hope that they are still planning on developing it. Even if they just do some simple things like alllow user IR's and get effect spillover when changing patches. If it doesn't at least try to keep up with other units on the market it won't even be an effective vehicle for Pro Tools sales any more.
I love my 11R (x2) and will continue to use both of them for a long time. But, I would gladly pay $100 for another expansion with some good updates!!!!!!