Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Default United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th

I saw on Production Expert that United Plugins in offering their production plugin FrontDAW for FREEuntil September 15th. Normally it is €49. As described at Production Expert:

Quote:
What Is FrontDAW?

As the name suggests, Front DAW is intended to be used as the very first plugin on every track. The plugin adds gain and subtle saturation to them. Thanks to VARM (Variable Analogue Random Modeling – used also previously on Royal Compressor) each track would sound slightly different even with identical settings.
The plugin offers three types of saturation circuits: BR represents classic fat British consoles, US stands for legendary punchy American style input. Switching to GE will give you velvet-sounding colourful vintage German tube console. All you have to do is to set the gain, choose saturation mode and set the saturation amount with the Mojo knob.

I've only had a limited experience in trying it, but already I can tell you it does add a really nice flavor to a track, or a submix, or the entire mix. I tried it on individual instrument tracks, a drum submix, and the Main mix bus. It just sounds really nice to my ears. And you can beat that price!

It is worth a tryout. You go to the United Plugins website, download the license, then get the "Try it for Free" download, install, and then open PT and put it on a track. Then, you should see a place to upgrade to full version, which will then allow you to access the license you downloaded, and bingo, its yours forever, free.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:18 AM

Default Re: United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
And you can beat that price!
Yes you can but so far not so many vendors have paid me for using their software
Old 09-10-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes you can but so far not so many vendors have paid me for using their software

Janne,

We're just not important enough, I guess!

Of course I meant to say you CAN NOT beat the price!

Old 09-10-2019, 10:27 AM

Got it there. Nice typo though
Old 09-10-2019, 12:19 PM

I like it too but I think it really needs a trip knob, I've been told it will be added in a future update. I also can't hear much difference between the 3 modes, a possible explanation could be if they modeled the saturation but not the frequency response which IMHO makes it useful as most other consoles emulations I own do both.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:22 PM

Are you guys serious? You really think that sounds good and adds to a already well made mix? Jeez ... doesn’t mattdr free or not! It doesn’t even have a output compensation, no unity when driving the input to reduce output signal.. and more and more and more weirdness !!

Just pay for something better like a Softube Console1 mk2 or even Waves equivalent NLS with three different modes but BETTER!

Or get $39 and get this years best plugin so far called True Iron which is AWESOME!

All these free offerings makes our music sound worse with some of them than without. I say hell no! Don’t bother as no one would buy this half baked plugin for anything other than free and even that feels wrong

This whole plugin jungle where every man and his dog makes plugins has got soo over saturated they now give us crappy ”free” versions to lure people in but I say No More free or not! The FRONT DAW plugin just doesn’t do much at all.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-10-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
It doesn’t even have a output compensation
Louder is better right
Old 09-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Are you guys serious? You really think that sounds good and adds to a already well made mix? Jeez ... doesn’t mattdr free or not! It doesn’t even have a output compensation, no unity when driving the input to reduce output signal..

This whole plugin ju gle where every man and his dog makes plugins has got soo over saturated they now give us crappy ”free” versions to lure people in but I say No More free or not! It just doesn’t do much at all.
UP plugins are not really every man and their dog, Meldaproductions is a serious developer with lots of good products to prove their experience. I agree about the trim knob as I said and that it's not really a game changer but good saturation ITB has its advantages. BTW in my first post I should have said TRIM knob instead of "trip" although the latter can be useful
Old 09-10-2019, 02:09 PM

Melda has never been anything special either and maybe I shouldn’t comment on plugins anymore since we stopped buying the same emulations from 200 different developers two years ago and bought a crapload of hardware which is soo much better its insane. There are the UA and KUSH and Slate everything bundle and them we have the PIA Mega bundle but the rest of the 300+ plugins are never used anymore. We run cool hardware like Looptrotter, IGS, Bettermaker, Tube Tech SSL and now the new APB-16 from McDSP which ”might” be the best ”analog” ITB plugins outside the box we ever had! Yes 7K is a lot but damn damn damn ... That green box kills! And the new SSL Fusion is used on every session which is toooo great to explain. You need to try one IRL

So no more plugins here. Thanks for your input but I wont debate crappy plugins vs Good ones and include free stuff that some seem to think are as good as the paid versions.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-10-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Melda has never been anything special either and maybe I shouldn’t comment on plugins anymore since we stopped buying the same emulations from 200 different developers two years ago and bought a crapload of hardware which is soo much better its insane. There are the UA and KUSH and Slate everything bundle and them we have the PIA Mega bundle but the rest of the 300+ plugins are never used anymore. We run cool hardware like Looptrotter, IGS, Bettermaker, Tube Tech SSL and now the new APB-16 from McDSP which ”might” be the best ”analog” ITB plugins outside the box we ever had! Yes 7K is a lot but damn damn damn ... That green box kills! And the new SSL Fusion is used on every session which is toooo great to explain. You need to try one IRL

So no more plugins here. Thanks for your input but I wont debate crappy plugins vs Good ones and include free stuff that some seem to think are as good as the paid versions.
Why don't you simply list your gear in your signature? You'll type less overall