How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Avid. I demand a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickroadstudio View Post
Im not blaming tools. I am blaming PACE and ILOK.
I have had multiple problems with ILOK for years. Several keys have failed.
The reason why I demand, is because I think its ridiculous that these companies provide ZERO customer support unless you make a big stink.

The last time I had these kinds of problems, I had the VP of pace on the phone, who actually connected to me to a tech that fixed the issue in 30 seconds that was able to be fixed over a week of multiple emails going back and forth.

I posted his info on this site and was banned for a few weeks for it.

You misunderstand. I don't blame Pro Tools. I love pro tools. I make a lot money with Pro Tools. But I should not have to deal with constant bull crap because of THIS ISSUE WITH ILOKS. And then its compounded by the fact that AVID expects me to pay them more for making me use this POS (Ilok) in order to get someone on the phone only for them to say, email PACE--when PACE doesnt give a crap either.

How many of you would still be in business if you treated your artists and clients like we are treated by these companies? I sure as hell wouldn't.

SO, yes. I DEMAND. Demand some respect from the companies that I have invested 10s of thousands of dollars with to step up and provide a HUMAN BEING FOR 5 MINUTES to help when a issues has grinded my ability to work to a halt.

I tried asking nicely. I have left voicemails....Being nice hasnt gotten me anywhere. So now I am being a Jerk.

And Finally. This is not my first Ilok Rodeo. I tried it on another system, different USB ports, today I am trying a new key-- but its seems I have narrowed it down to a PT problem. Again, Im sure if someone at AVID spend 2 seconds talking to me on the phone they would figure it out. But I am not going to pay again for them to tell me to call PACE and its "Nothing they can do, its an issue with ILOK."
If as you say, you have "narrowed it down to a PT problem", why not just go back to a clone or image of your last working system? I have found this to be the easiest and fastest way to solve most PT or OS issues.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM

This is a great idea, thank you.

Im going to try this-
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM

Default Avid. I demand a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickroadstudio View Post
Im not blaming tools. I am blaming PACE and ILOK.
I have had multiple problems with ILOK for years. Several keys have failed.
The reason why I demand, is because I think its ridiculous that these companies provide ZERO customer support unless you make a big stink.

The last time I had these kinds of problems, I had the VP of pace on the phone, who actually connected to me to a tech that fixed the issue in 30 seconds that wasn't able to be fixed over a week of multiple emails going back and forth. (This after hearing for days how they do not have phone support and its not possible.)

I posted his info on this site and was banned for a few weeks for it.

You misunderstand. I don't blame Pro Tools. I love pro tools. I make a lot money with Pro Tools. But I should not have to deal with constant bull crap because of ISSUES WITH ILOKS. And then its compounded by the fact that AVID expects me to pay them more for making me use this POS (Ilok) in order to get someone on the phone only for them to say, email PACE--when PACE doesnt give a crap either and provides no phone support. In this case, its clear to me its on the PT end.

How many of you would still be in business if you treated your artists and clients like we are treated by these companies? I sure as hell wouldn't.

SO, yes. I DEMAND. Demand some respect from the companies that I have invested 10s of thousands of dollars with to step up and provide a HUMAN BEING FOR 5 MINUTES to help when a issues when they have grinded my ability to work to a halt and I've spent considerable time already doing the normal fixes.

I tried asking nicely. I have left voicemails....Being nice hasnt gotten me anywhere. So now I am being a Jerk.

And Finally. This is not my first Ilok Rodeo. I tried it on another system, different USB ports, today I am trying a new key-- but its seems I have narrowed it down to a PT problem. Again, Im sure if someone at AVID spends 2 seconds talking to me on the phone they would figure it out. But I am not going to pay again for them to tell me to call PACE and its "Nothing they can do, its an issue with ILOK."
Right on !!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM

I had this problem 2 weeks ago when a client was on a tight schedule and sitting with me when I opened his session.

I spent over an hour doing the routine of rebooting, pulling the iLok, switching ports, trashing prefs, etc... Only certain licenses were not working, VCC and Waves but all the others worked. That did not make sense why some licenses worked and some said the iLok could not be accessed. If it truly could not be accessed then no licenses would work.

I installed the latest iLok driver Dec 13, 2012, and the problem went away and no problems since. What frustrated me was that the iLok worked fine one day and the next day it wasn't, but after a quick look I discovered I left automatic updates for Win7 on and there was a couple of changes I suspect created an issue with the iLok drivers I have been using for over a year.

I'm still using PT8.05..

It would be nice to get help from a nice knowledgeable person when things get stuck, without having to pay a deterrent fee.
Digidesign 003R+PT 2020.12.0, Gigabyte GA-Z97X, CPU INTEL i7-4790 4.0Ghz, CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB; ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 PCIe Multiple WD Caviar Black 2Tb Spinner Drives; 1 PPA 80GB 1394 Firewire Oxford 911 PYRO PCI64R2 3 Port Firewire Card (PCIe) Antec 300 case. PSU 600W,
Windows 10 Home.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwhitney View Post
It would be nice to get help from a nice knowledgeable person when things get stuck, without having to pay a deterrent fee.
Mr. Hernandez are you listening ???

Take GGreenfield's 2 million and invest in a more robust customer focused service plan

Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwhitney View Post
I had this problem 2 weeks ago when a client was on a tight schedule and sitting with me when I opened his session.

I spent over an hour doing the routine of rebooting, pulling the iLok, switching ports, trashing prefs, etc... Only certain licenses were not working, VCC and Waves but all the others worked. That did not make sense why some licenses worked and some said the iLok could not be accessed. If it truly could not be accessed then no licenses would work.

I installed the latest iLok driver Dec 13, 2012, and the problem went away and no problems since. What frustrated me was that the iLok worked fine one day and the next day it wasn't, but after a quick look I discovered I left automatic updates for Win7 on and there was a couple of changes I suspect created an issue with the iLok drivers I have been using for over a year.

I'm still using PT8.05..

This is a good point, and is the reason most of us here say: Turn off all automatic updates. Install them only when you are not in the middle of important projects, and only after backing up your system drive.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM

You know there should be a program like Little Snitch uses for the Mac

It would police everything - up to and including Microsoft !!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I demand other users stop coming on DUC and demanding things...

If you need urgent help from Avid these is a way of purchasing phone support. That is the only way. It may not be ideal but if being down is costing you money this call should be easy to make.

If you tried that and did not get suitable or timely help that is a different matter and it would be good to describe that service experience here.

If it was my system I would test the iLok on a different computer/Pro Tools install, if that does not work try copying all licenses (including the Pro Tools one if possible) to another iLok and see if they work from there. If it works in another system start with reinstalling the iLok driver on the problem system.

I and many other users prefer the flexibility offered by iLok licensing over other schemes.

Darryl
+1

I was under the impression this was a community that is here for users to help each other.

If you had purchased support time from Avid and the problem was ignored I could kind of understand you posting here but it sounds like you have a problem with non-Avid hardware (iLok).

If you're losing money I would suggest calling them on the phone.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM

Um yeah, Perhaps you should read it all. I did call, and all I get is, "Call Pace." Yet PACE has no phone support.

In the end, why should I have to rely on other users to help deal with problems with the software that I purchased from AVID. --Especially when most of the time is conceded jerks who want to talk down to you because you didn't sift through a billion previous posts. In conjunction with that when those problems are related to the ILOK which only exists to protect them from people stealing and is of no benefit to me what so ever. If AVID insists on using this tech to cover themselves then they should own up and support it. Waves got smart and dumped them-- so have many others.

So thank you for proving my point as to why I DEMAND some decent customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
+1

I was under the impression this was a community that is here for users to help each other.

If you had purchased support time from Avid and the problem was ignored I could kind of understand you posting here but it sounds like you have a problem with non-Avid hardware (iLok).

If you're losing money I would suggest calling them on the phone.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM

Scott,

Just trying to stay up to date here. So have you replaced the Ilok yet, and have you been able to try the last working drive image. Just wondering where we stand with this

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com