Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 08-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Window content too small

I have a similar problem, but just with plugins.. This is Arturia Analog Lab 4. It normally is "zoomed-in" more and the text is more legible. I must have hit the wrong key at some point and now its small and hard to read. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg analog lab small.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 PM

...and this just happened to me too!
Running the latest version of Win10 and Pro Tools.
Everything looked just fine earlier today, then about 2 minutes ago - poof!
Only half the menu bar is showing and everything is rather tiny.
Running on a 5K monitor.

Andrew
Old 02-17-2021, 09:31 PM

Thanks for posting this link, and thanks everyone for keeping the thread alive!! I am regularly so flippin frustrated by protools and avid for windows [10]. This helped soothe the pain a bit.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:34 PM

Something worth noting... I switched from Mac to PC this last year and run a Pro Tools 2021 system. I had the screen issue come up a few times. I did the recommend actions of going into the Pro Tools properties and making the said adjustments. It fixed the screen issue, but only for a few months. Then the screen issues came back. During all of this my system was constantly crashing during sessions when certain plug-ins were being used. Mainly plug ins that have resizeable GUI screens. After a lot of headaches and going through every possible solution I stumbled across something... Windows had defaulted my 4k monitor screen to the recommended scale setting of 150% in the display settings. I went in and manually switched it to 100%. Initially the screen did not fit so I had to go in further and adjust the display resolution to a size that worked with my monitor. Once I did this my Pro Tools window sizing issue went away immediately along with the plug-in crashes during sessions. Long story short make sure the display setting in Windows is scaled to 100%. Any larger and it will wreak havoc on Pro Tools.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:21 PM

Thanks for posting your note, @scorpiwoman. I just installed the latest Pro Tools First (PTF) update (2021.7.0) and was having the same tiny, tiny, too small to use, issue that this thread discusses. None of the prior recommendations worked for me, but yours did! I have a really high-resolution laptop and Windows 10 was defaulting to 250%. I adjusted it to 100% and used the 1920x1080 display resolution. Then I restarted PTF and everything was displaying as I expected. Man, what a pain to have to troubleshoot. Hope this helps others with the issue if they encounter it. Cheers.