Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 02-07-2001, 02:55 PM

Default Record From S/PDIF Input?

Hi All,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the M-Audio Delta 66 S/PDIF input recorded into PT Free on my G3/400 Mac (actually, Sonnet accelerator in Power Computing Powerbase 180 Mac Clone) running Mac OS 9.1 w/160MB RAM.

The Delta 66 S/PDIF Input is selected in Sound Manager and I'm careful in matching the rate with my digital source (roland vs-1680) and using the clock from the S/PDIF input instead of the D66 internal clock. I hear the stereo track fine using the Delta PPC Control Panel (S/PDIF IN is selected in the Patchbay Router). However, this signal doesn't register in PT Free despite having the Input L and Input R selected. I'm not sure if the issue is with the D66 or PT Free. Any help (esp. from Digidesign!) is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[This message has been edited by jon4bass (edited February 07, 2001).]
Old 02-10-2001, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Record From S/PDIF Input?

do u have cubase VST 5. installed on your computer?
if you do..try trashing the "digisetup" file in the preferences folder and trash cubase and DAE prefs too...
i had a simular problem with cubase vst 5.0...there seem to be something going on between those two...and it ain't love...still trying to figure out what...but when i change the clock to spdif or optical in cubase..it seems to corrupt something...on the other hand...when i change the clock in PT there's no problem...so what i mean is...i trash the preferences...and restart..after that i open pro tools...and record something, using spdiff inputs..and change the clock...no problems, it works. but when i then go into cubase and change the clock to spdiff there..nothing works no more (the spdif inputs i mean).
even when i restart and open pro tools again...the problem persists until i trash the prefs and restart..
may be this message was of any help..maybe not-(

hope it was..