Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM

Default Re: New to PT Native Hardware

If you are getting an Omni, a digilink i/o license comes with it no matter what (little plastic card in the box to give you the license.)

No need to buy separately at any point in time.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 08-08-2019, 07:31 PM

If you buy it new that is.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-10-2019, 08:32 AM

Yeah, bought it used on eBay, but fortunately the license came with the HD license I bought years ago.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecRoom View Post
Yeah, bought it used on eBay, but fortunately the license came with the HD license I bought years ago.
Great news there. You saved atleast those $299

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-14-2019, 08:18 PM

One more question for everyone: When buying used Avid hardware is it necessary to file the "Change of Ownership" form?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecRoom View Post
One more question for everyone: When buying used Avid hardware is it necessary to file the "Change of Ownership" form?
There doesn't seem to be an advantage for most of the hardware (the hardware warranties are ridiculously short and there's nothing given as a bonus)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 08-14-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
There doesn't seem to be an advantage for most of the hardware (the hardware warranties are ridiculously short and there's nothing given as a bonus)
Agreed. The hardware doesn’t show up in your Avid account anyway but if you are buying artist series units you should do the TOO as you need that hardware in your name for the Eucon updates and older Eucon versios for the artist series but otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Haven’t done any TOO when buying ICON desks or HDX cards here.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-14-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Agreed. The hardware doesn’t show up in your Avid account anyway but if you are buying artist series units you should do the TOO as you need that hardware in your name for the Eucon updates and older Eucon versios for the artist series but otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Haven’t done any TOO when buying ICON desks or HDX cards here.

I was told that too re: TOO, but I registered my second unit and got the software straight away without issues.

It could be that the person I bought it off never registered the unit, but then how did he get the original Eucon software? Do you not have to have a registered device to access that?

Hmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2019, 11:43 PM

If you are using the black Artist series (not the silver older ones), it's really not necessary if you can register for the free Control App (with an iPad, etc.) as you'll get the necessary newer versions through that.

If you need the Eucon 3.x versions for the older silver versions, then you need to register the serial number. But if you don't need to run the old Eucon and can get a Control app registered to your account, the newer Eucontrol works with most of that hardware too.

Even the System 5-MC software now doesn't need registration of the hardware to get access.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/U...-MC-and-MC-Pro
Old 08-15-2019, 05:48 AM

Yeah that’s what it must be.

I think you’re right. The current AVID branded products don’t have the registration issues for software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk