Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-14-2012, 01:08 PM

Default PLEASE HELP!! Purchased Upgrade to ProTools 6.4 and Zipped Files Will Not Open!!

Hey There Everybody!! Ive been recording using AcidPro7 for years, and I finally wanted to switch to over to ProTools after hearing nothing but good things about it.. Anyway I bought myself a used Digi001 that came with PT 5.1.1 software (figured it be a good learners system). I run XP (incompatible with 5.1.1 I learned) so I tried for 2 days to update to 5.3.1 and finally gave up last night and purchased the Pro Tools 6.4 Download Update for $35 from the website..
I downloaded both files: the PT and PT Documentation. Meanwhile my digi001 was connected to my computer power light on. It said the files were around 60mb and 30mb, and what I have downloaded is only 32mb and 4mb which I am also questioning..? Butt my MAIN problem is when I click on the zipped files (I do have 7-zip downloaded to my comp to unzip files), an ERROR message pops up reading: THE COMPRESSED FOLDER (ZIPPED) IS INVALID OR CORRUPT.... Ive been going at this for 3 days now and I just want to begin making music and learning the ProTools world!!!!!!! Any input would be deeply appreciated!! Thanks!! -Brian
Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Purchased Upgrade to ProTools 6.4 and Zipped Files Will Not Open!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn928 View Post
Hey There Everybody!! Ive been recording using AcidPro7 for years, and I finally wanted to switch to over to ProTools after hearing nothing but good things about it.. Anyway I bought myself a used Digi001 that came with PT 5.1.1 software (figured it be a good learners system). I run XP (incompatible with 5.1.1 I learned) so I tried for 2 days to update to 5.3.1 and finally gave up last night and purchased the Pro Tools 6.4 Download Update for $35 from the website..
I downloaded both files: the PT and PT Documentation. Meanwhile my digi001 was connected to my computer power light on. It said the files were around 60mb and 30mb, and what I have downloaded is only 32mb and 4mb which I am also questioning..? Butt my MAIN problem is when I click on the zipped files (I do have 7-zip downloaded to my comp to unzip files), an ERROR message pops up reading: THE COMPRESSED FOLDER (ZIPPED) IS INVALID OR CORRUPT.... Ive been going at this for 3 days now and I just want to begin making music and learning the ProTools world!!!!!!! Any input would be deeply appreciated!! Thanks!! -Brian
You must be starting a museum of audio recording? Avid still has Pro Tools 6 updates for sale, that is truly amazing. You are likely the only person who has downloaded these files in ages.

You don't need any third party software in Windows XP to unpack a zipped folder, so I would start by uninstalling whatever their party software you have added and just use the built in capability to read these files.

Try downloading using a different web browser (e.g. Mozilla or Chrome, etc.) , check you have free space on the hard drive (you should be getting lots of errors if you ran out of space so unlikely), try downloading using a different PC (or Mac etc.) and seeing if the files will unzip there.

Darryl
Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! Purchased Upgrade to ProTools 6.4 and Zipped Files Will Not Open!!

Thanks for replying.. Yea Ive realized im pretty much in the dinosaur age but Ive been using AcidPro and needed a program that I can easily learn on, then I will definitly be upgrading..
All that being said I will uninstall 7-zip, I definitly have enough space on the computer, I wiped all the files/programs to use this desktop SPECIFICALLY for recording with ProTools.. I just deleted the PT zipped folders and am going to attempt to re-download them and hopefully things work out differently.. Thanks for the reply!!

Any other input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 PM

60 mb seems small for Pro Tools, even 6.4.

Also, with 6.4 you will need XP SP3 along with the 6.4cs6 and 6.4cs9 updates. You may also need the latest PACE drivers.

Be aware that 6.4 is as high as you can go with the 001.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
60 mb seems small for Pro Tools, even 6.4.
The 6.4 zip is 55.8 MB.
I never throw anything away... ;-)
Old 09-15-2012, 02:51 AM

Thanks for the input everybody!! I scratched the installs and went back to my Avid account and re-installed PT 6.4 and this time I recieved the whole file, and was able to extract the files and install PT.. I do have SP3, so tommorow I will look into the downloads you suggested, I do have my PACE up-to-date.. After installing PT I was excited to play around with it and a huggeee buzz killer hit me, turns out this computer has ONLY 256MG RAM!!!! Soo tommorow I will be upgrading the ram to 1GB, and hopefully I can have a weekend learning of what PT is all about!!! Any other advice or tips would be greatly appreciated as Im not scared to admit, I am a PT NOOB!! Ive been recording with AcidPro and Cubase for years, but ProTools is a whole different ballpark.. Anyway Thanks again for the input and any others are welcome to chime in!!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:51 PM

This is a great forum for receiving help and also gaining valuable information. There are a lot of guys here who've been using PT for years and some of us can even remember PT 6 (and earlier) as shown already by previous posts.

Visit regularly & you will see what I mean. Best of luck and have fun with your 001...agh I have fond memories of my little 001

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/cs/64cs9/lewin/

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-16-2012, 03:15 PM

I do have SP3.. Where would I be able to find and download the cs6 cs9 and PACE drivers??
Old 09-16-2012, 03:18 PM

And Thank You ZedHed, Audio is my life (setting up live and recording).. I have found a lot of valuable info on these forums
Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn928 View Post
I do have SP3.. Where would I be able to find and download the cs6 cs9 and PACE drivers??
cs6
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/cs/64cs6/lewin/

cs9
http://archive.digidesign.com/download/cs/64cs9/lewin/

PACE drivers
http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html