Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2015, 04:55 AM

Default Solved Fatal Errors Air Instruments Expansion Pack Installation

Hi, just to be clear I am talking about a separate purchase of Air Instruments Expansion Pack version 2.0.4 and not the Creative Air Instruments that come free with the PT 11. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. After upgrading to PT 11, I needed to upgrade my Strike 1.5 32 bit to the Strike 2 AAX and ended up buying the AIEP from Air Music Tech. After all the downloads to my Desktop and unzipping the zip files with WinZip I did receive all the instruments contents and DVD samples along with the Installers. Only the installers for Hybrid, Loom and Vacuum worked. I like many others on the internet and Air Forums ran into the Fatal Error 0X80070643 half way through each installing of Strike, Structure, Transfuser and Velvet and they were aborted. WinZip tested my files and determined that the files were good and not corrupted. I have also downloaded those files 5 times now to the same results. An Air support member has even been on my PC remotely and has no answer.I'm sure someone on the Avid Community must have run into this Fatal Error 0X80070643 too, did you ever get a solution?
J.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Asus Sabertotth Z97 Mark 1
SIIG Firewire PCIe NN-E20012-S2
Intel Core i7 4790K
32Gbs G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR31600
Asus EN8600GT Silent/HTDP/512M
OS Drive Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb
Instrument drive Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb
Audio Drive Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb
Backup drive WD My Book Essential 1TB
Mbox 2 Pro factory
Pro Tools 10 and 11

Last edited by j.thomas; 04-01-2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Figured out a Solution
Old 04-01-2015, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Solved Fatal Errors Air Instruments Expansion Pack Installation

Ha, I got it! I hope this will help anyone else with the same 0X80070643 Error. I realized the Fatal Error was Windows related and that the error quite often involves the Microsoft .NET Framework. One of the main Windows Optimizations for Pro Tools is to turn off Windows Update so that it doesn't interrupt sessions. I decided to turn it back on temporarily and update, especially when I noticed that one of the updates was: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows 7 x64. I updated at least 53 optional updates. Then I went back to the installers for Strike, Structure, Transfuser and Velvet and ran the installers as Administrator and voila, they all installed! I turned on Pro Tools and on start up it asked to Activate each new instrument and I activated to my ilok and they are now working. Point being, it's always a good idea to turn Windows Update back on temporarily and update especially if you are going to download and install new things from the Internet. Hope this helps.
J.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7 4790K
Mbox 2 Pro factory
Pro Tools 10 and 11
Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM

How do you turn off the updates? I am having the same issues, but with the stock plugins on PT12 HD. I am unable to upload any of the plugins. I get the "fatal error" message. I have a pc running windows7. Dont know the other stats on the cpu.

Thanks in advance,
Total Novice
Old 07-26-2016, 12:20 AM

Hi TotalNovice, I'm not sure if I should be the one giving advice but I'll try to help. You may have miss understood me when I mentioned the Windows 7 update. I didn't mean I turned the updates off to fix the problem. I meant I turned updates on because normally I have them turned off on my Pro Tools Pc. By turning updates on, I then received the Microsoft .Net 4.5.2. update and that fixed my fatal error. I then turned updates off again. To turn updates on or off go to the Control Panel and then click on Windows Update. On the left of the screen you will see a list and one of them is Change Settings. Click on that and you will get the updates screen. You can then select which of the settings you want. Either: 'Check for Updates Automatically' 'Check for Updates but let me decide whether to install them' or 'Never Check for Updates' which you would use to turn off Updates. In your case since you are getting the fatal error as I was, you may want to check for updates and see if there is an update for the Microsoft .Net framework and see if updating that will fix your problem. Also I still use Pro Tools 11 and the instruments work for it but I could not tell you about PT 12.
J.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7 4790K
Mbox 2 Pro factory