Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Let's have a count up who's getting the freeze problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
This is strange???? Have ya trashed prefs I use Guitardoms Trasher utility.

So pro tools works ok it just shows up this message everytime. As for the AAX plugs I've never thought about these as I just use RTAS and TDM.

I would do a system image then do a clean install of OS and pro tools if it still happens you can revert back to your image
I spent over 5 hours yesterday trying to get PT 10.2 and the Ilok to work. I cant waste anymore time and money doing a fresh OS install and a PT install.

Avid needs to get all this worked out before releasing it to the public. They must think we have nothing better to do then to trouble shoot their bugs along with Ilok bugs...

I also use RTAS and TDM and dont know why tis AXX plugin problem exist? Again this is on Avid.

I appreciate your effort. Thank you
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 AM

I still get the GUI freeze in 10.2 but only with Slate Drums 4 in the session.

All my DAE errors are gone too - someone mentioned IRQ's earlier in the thread & this was the root of my PT10 troubles; on the P5Ke mobo, 2 of the USB ports share the IRQ with the onboard FireWire ports. I had my Alphatrack in one of those ports & had DAE's & assertion errors all over the place. Once I traced the IRQ numbers (pre 10.2) I swapped my USB stick with my Waves licenses on it with the Alphatrack port & I've never had a DAE or assertion error since (touch wood!).

If Slate can sort their SSD4 plug so PT doesn't freeze on an autosave I'll be back to where I had PT9 - rock solid.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
I still get the GUI freeze in 10.2 but only with Slate Drums 4 in the session.

All my DAE errors are gone too - someone mentioned IRQ's earlier in the thread & this was the root of my PT10 troubles; on the P5Ke mobo, 2 of the USB ports share the IRQ with the onboard FireWire ports. I had my Alphatrack in one of those ports & had DAE's & assertion errors all over the place. Once I traced the IRQ numbers (pre 10.2) I swapped my USB stick with my Waves licenses on it with the Alphatrack port & I've never had a DAE or assertion error since (touch wood!).

If Slate can sort their SSD4 plug so PT doesn't freeze on an autosave I'll be back to where I had PT9 - rock solid.
Funny you should mention the auto save freeze with SSD4 running coz I use this all the time in my sessions and I still get a little freeze when backing up. I'm going to test it today with SSD4 inactive in a session and see what happens.

Have u reported this to Slate support. They are very good at correcting bugs. I'll send them an email about this if it happens on my rig

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-02-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
I HAVENT resolved anything???
Don't know if your problem has been resolved, but on the ilok webpage

http://ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html

there's two things to downoad. the client installer (10 Nov 10) and the drivers installer (23 May 12) (which are newer than the client helper)

If you don't install the drivers then it will not work.

Also Avid is not responsible for the ilok drivers, just so you know.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Have u reported this to Slate support. They are very good at correcting bugs. I'll send them an email about this if it happens on my rig
Yeah - they were on to it as soon as I bugged it. They improved it slightly with the last beta and have informed me they're currently working on it further. Have to admit Avid could learn a LOT from Slate tech supports attitude...

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
Yeah - they were on to it as soon as I bugged it. They improved it slightly with the last beta and have informed me they're currently working on it further. Have to admit Avid could learn a LOT from Slate tech supports attitude...
Excellent that's great news. slate is a great company

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Thank you very much for this release (10.2) Avid. I hope we can all learn something from this.

My one final thought toward those RUDE DUC members who attacked me and others about this issue, those same individuals who've told us to use due diligence and stop whining and complaining and that we are to blame for this:

Next time people report an issue, do not assume they have done something wrong. Do not try to supress people from voicing their needs/rights as a consumer. Do not personally attack or antagonize people who are struggling. If you cannot contribute positively, then refrain from pouring gasoline on our fires.

As far as Avid is concerned, this issue took over 6 months to rectify. I am very grateful of this fix, but I am extremely resentful of the policy for reporting bugs and the methods of communication that are currently in place in your organization. I heard that a survey is going to be circulated regarding these issues. This most definitely has to be drastically changed. There is no reason for me and the others to have to endure long spans of silence and or attacks and accusations from other users. We also should not have had to endure 7 months of these disruptive freezes. I would hope that a new system and a swift, open channel of communication will be instituted and encouraged from this point forward.

I am sincerely grateful of this release. I am now departing from this issue and looking forward to many more freezeless hours of music-making on this AWESOME and FULLY FUNCTIONING PROGRAM. I will not be buying a MAC because PT 10 is now Windows 7 friendly.

Thanks for all of you guys' efforts and toil on this thread. We stuck it out and battled through this problem for months, insisting on positive results. It was costly and WE WON.

Good day to you all. And may the creativity gods bless you in your productions.

Sincerely,
Lou

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Windows 7 and Pro Tools love each other here. My rig is working like a dream!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Windows 7 and Pro Tools love each other here. My rig is working like a dream!!!!!!
I can say the same about the HDX card and Windows. (Very smooth).

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
My one final thought toward those RUDE DUC members who attacked me and others about this issue, those same individuals who've told us to use due diligence and stop whining and complaining and that we are to blame for this:

Next time people report an issue, do not assume they have done something wrong. Do not try to supress people from voicing their needs/rights as a consumer. Do not personally attack or antagonize people who are struggling. If you cannot contribute positively, then refrain from pouring gasoline on our fires.

As far as Avid is concerned, this issue took over 6 months to rectify. I am very grateful of this fix, but I am extremely resentful of the policy for reporting bugs and the methods of communication that are currently in place in your organization. I heard that a survey is going to be circulated regarding these issues. This most definitely has to be drastically changed. There is no reason for me and the others to have to endure long spans of silence and or attacks and accusations from other users

Sincerely,
Lou
Nobody attacked you. I am happy to see the issue resolved for those that have been dealing with it however.
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Closed Thread