How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 12:40 PM

Default wasting my money?

to all control24 users/owners...
im sick of my mouse. i have a protoolsHD2 system in my room. i currently mix completely in protools. i use my old mackie as a monitor section and for headphone mixes only. im considering getting some sort of control surface. procontrol is a bit too expensive. i could afford control24. and ive also sorta checked out a little mackie thing for about a grand. ive read many of the posts here about peoples problems with their c24s. id hate to buy something and then have it fall to pieces after a year or so. also, when playing with it in the store the main thing that bugs me is the fader noise. i like to work and mix pretty quiet. is there a way to suspend the fader movement after mixing but keep the automation in protools running?
i want to hear some users opinions on this thing! or ideas for other methods of control.
someone talk me into or out of buying the control 24!

p.s. i have enough work that using my mouse and keyboard with protools is rather silly. but not enough work to get procontrol. THANKS
Old 01-22-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: wasting my money?

Hi. To me the Control 24 works great. Good mic. pre-amps, logical Protools routing and very handy automation! I haven't had any problems with it. I've owned many desks sofar, but for working with Protools to me this is the best choice. The fader noise is so soft, I never notice it while working (you can also turn the faders of in Protools). For the price I think it's the best buy!

Good luck.