Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Anyone using Mercury Accelsior E2 SDD?

Is anyone using Mercury Accelsior E2 SDD as a system drive in their Mac Pro with Pro Tools? My load time for PT 11HD seems to be getting longer and longer and I'm wondering if the PCIe SSD card is reliable enough to use. I don't think any were on sale for Black Friday. Ha! But I missed looking then anyway. I would have searched for this but "Search Avid.Com" is always disappointing.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Anyone using Mercury Accelsior E2 SDD?

I've been using one for a year with out problems with a 2009 mac pro running pt 10 and now 11.2 but just yesterday my hdx card seems to have gone south and I'm not sure I have time to trouble shoot it before break. I'm getting -55 error on boot of PT. I don't think this issue is related to the ssd drive. I'm tempted to try the new 11.3 version but that seems to be for yosemite users and I'm still running 10.8.4. Anyone heard of -55 errors? Its not coming up on Google searches at all.
NomadicWax.com
Old 01-05-2015, 08:06 PM

Got one a couple days ago for my OS HD (and Pro Tools). It's smokin' fast. Got a hard drive bay SSD too (PT drive) and it's very fast. All in all, Pro TOols went from being a difficult, grumpy, cranky old man to an olympic champion overnight.

You'll be happy.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 01-06-2015, 04:06 AM

My rig is peachy again. It was Cable issues and prefs that needed tossing. The SSD drive is still lovely and speedy.. :) I'd highly recommend the owc mecury accelsior. Ssd.
NomadicWax.com