Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Default Omni Mic Pre cannot be controlled

Hey all
Is it just me or is it INSANE that the Omni Mic Pres cannot be controlled from Pro Tools or the Icon? Isn't that the whole beauty of buying a preamp from Digi?

I just found this out and it seems crazy. Avid will you support this sometime soon? Seems pretty essential.

From a company that generally "doesn't get it," this seems to be their swan song.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Omni Mic Pre cannot be controlled

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno1234 View Post
Hey all
Is it just me or is it INSANE that the Omni Mic Pres cannot be controlled from Pro Tools or the Icon? Isn't that the whole beauty of buying a preamp from Digi?

I just found this out and it seems crazy. Avid will you support this sometime soon? Seems pretty essential.

From a company that generally "doesn't get it," this seems to be their swan song.

Pretty cool if the thing had a remote, period...

TH
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Omni Mic Pre cannot be controlled

pretty sure this is coming soon.... the back of the omni has a remote port with and "active" led on the back. It's got to be at least for the monitor controlling and i sure hope the mic pres