Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2021, 02:34 AM

Default Re: High Memory Usage - PT 2021.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulienat View Post
It’s not my case cause if I close and reboot Protools without changing anything else in the system...memory goes back to minimum levels.

I think its a fight with some Acustica Audio Plugin. If I deactivate one memory goes down. My problem is that after closing the session PT still shows high memory usage based on that Acustica Audio plugin. It doesn’t release the ram.
Check Activity Monitor, it gives a better view of what's going on in memory than the PT System Usage meters.

I'm only just getting familiar with my first Acoustica Audio plugin; Cream2, and it's a strange beast. It installs hundreds of files in your plugins folder, really messy, and that's because their plugins are convolution based. Samples. Loads into memory.

Even if the memory is not immediately released after close or quit, doesn't mean that it's a problem. As mentioned, memory management is a complex thing today, and the last thing you want to do is try to overide it.

Again, use Avtivity monitor, and relax.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:04 AM

Default High Memory Usage - PT 2021.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Check Activity Monitor, it gives a better view of what's going on in memory than the PT System Usage meters.

I'm only just getting familiar with my first Acoustica Audio plugin; Cream2, and it's a strange beast. It installs hundreds of files in your plugins folder, really messy, and that's because their plugins are convolution based. Samples. Loads into memory.

Even if the memory is not immediately released after close or quit, doesn't mean that it's a problem. As mentioned, memory management is a complex thing today, and the last thing you want to do is try to overide it.

Again, use Avtivity monitor, and relax.

About Acustica Audio plugins, I have a lot of them, they are amazing but they don’t match well with Protools.

I had another bug with Gold4 and they perform a lot better on Logic Pro than PT.

In my case I noticed that the memory usage goes down if I deactivate El Rey by Acustica Audio.

I’ll do the same check using Activity Monitor...thanks
Old 04-02-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulienat View Post
About Acustica Audio plugins, I have a lot of them, they are amazing but they don’t match well with Protools.
I took them out of my aax plugin folder. More harm then good with PT.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
I took them out of my aax plugin folder. More harm then good with PT.
C
Harm? Anything specific?
Old 04-08-2021, 04:54 AM

I noticed sometimes 100% usage in the PT usage meters, when in Activity Monitor is is showing very little and a small level of green.