Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: Digi/PTLE doesn't "see" MC Control/Mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
I know nothing about the operation of the Artist series HUI emulation. But, I do know networking. If you are close to a Target/Walmart/Best Buy I would try to pick up another hub just to see if that could be the issue. If it doesn't fix the problem return it.
Careful now - best to use either a Switch or a Router. Not a Hub. Deciding to use a router or a switch depends on your other network needs.

Further more, the problem at hand here may not be a network issue at all.
If the surfaces are attaching in EuControl then the problem is configuration on the workstation.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:44 PM

I have PT working, although when I start up the computer... I'm still getting a sporadic error about the "static IP"

I am using a switch (NetGear 10/100 - not a hub) and I have to power it down, turn off the Eucons, power up the switch , then the Eucons and all is well (but this is a PITA)

and it appears that any attempt to add a second application triggers the same error... or, I can see the added app, but then it no longer recognizes that PT has been launched....

I was hoping someone with a G5 would post their ethernet settings for 1 and 2 (someone that's using the Eucons)

now on another issue (I was chastised earlier for starting a new post....)

I have my Mix on the left, and the Control on the right

PT sees 1 - 12 from left to right, banks like it should, soft keys are there (no button for adding a new track????)... but my effort with another application (which as this is the DUC... probably not interested)... the fartest I've gotten is 1 - 4 shows up on the Control... if the Mix 'sees" the tracks - 5 - 8 are twin/clone of 1-4 on the Control- move a fader on either unit and the corresponding fader moves on the other. I have gotten tracks 5 - 8 to show up on the Mix... 1 - 4... so besides the doubling... things are backasswards-

the other app uses Mackie Universal- and I've tried most all Midi ports.... with no success... and it then screws up PT-

all the application button seems to do is bring up the calender and weather conditions..... not real helpful
Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 AM

upon further time with the Eucon.... while 12 tracks show up on the EuCons... 1-4 are on the Control and then 5 - 12 are on the MIX... this would be fine if I was left handed and had the Control on the left and the mix on the right....

this may sound silly to some, but most all mixers (and the tape machines I've owned) the transport controls have been on the right... so I'm not crossing my hands over to make adjustments

is there anyway to change the Mix to seeing tracks "first" - I've tried switching the set-up in peripherals/Midi in PT

or better yet (since I'm asking questions)- Is there a way to "lock" the Control into 4 tracks so they not be affected by a "nudge" or "bank" command on theMix?

I can see a plus for setting up sessions (if this can be done with the Eucon Control so that it's 4 faders could be assigned to the Master, and 3 busses-

that would make work-flow a bit more convenient- I saw on the FAQ something about operating the Mix and Control independently... but didn't understand how exactly that was being done
Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Digi/PTLE doesn't "see" MC Control/Mix

Stainless:

It sounds like you have the units assigned backwards in EuControl > Settings > Surfaces. Make sure that they are placed in the correct order from top to bottom being the same as left to right (in the My Surfaces column).

Also set the drop-down menu to always add "My Surfaces" instead of "All Surfaces" - this will save the surface order.

There is an option to set the MC Control to bank independently. The HUI layer causes this to be rather pointless. You will get duplicate tracks on faders 1-4.
In EuCon applications this allows you to move around the 4 MC Control faders and the MC Mix faders without affecting each other.
For now - Pro Tools users should leave this option off.

Until Pro Tools adds native EuCon support, Direct Assign (locking faders) will not work as you would like. This is because EuCOn only sees HUI tracks and not real Pro Tools tracks.
please see: http://www.euphonix.com/artist/suppo....php?detail=31

Since you are using a switch you should be able to configure the Ethernet port (port 1) using manual IP address. Set subnet to 255.255..0.0 (or 255.255.255.0)

Also, set the surfaces up using Static IP addresses. Make sure the subnet matches the Ethernet port settings. Mae sure to press Page < > to confirm the settings before powering off.

With a manual network setup you should not have to power cycle, unless the switch is faulty.

Add New Track!!! this is in the preset userset of softkeys for Pro Tools on Bank 1 of the MC Control touchscreen softkeys.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 PM

that helps!!!

didn't check the bank independently

so you're saying NOT to check any of the "Lock to application boxes?

Is there anyway to move the "new track" up the list? it's presently on page 16 (that's a lot of scrolling!)

oh... and THANKS!!!!

..until the next time
Old 06-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless View Post

so you're saying NOT to check any of the "Lock to application boxes?

Is there anyway to move the "new track" up the list? it's presently on page 16 (that's a lot of scrolling!)
Lock to application is different. You can lock the surfaces to Pro Tools, that is fine. Assigning tracks to faders using the Assign tab and layouts is not fully supported in HUI. It is a EuCon feature.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 AM

It looks like the MBox2midi driver may have been the culprit- I started the system twice now without having power down, etc!

Thanks for the help

I look forward to getting EuCon fully integrated with ProTools, especially being able to assign tracks to faders that don't move when nudging/banking tracks.

Top of my wish list (following getting out of HUI)!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:45 PM

must still be a conflict somewhere- Eucon "unexpectedly quit", however upon relaunch, everything came up as it should

I have (to the best of my knowledge) a stable staic IP (with the subnet mask recommended.

I have confirmed the firewall is not involved

I have removed the MBox2midi driver

I have repaired permissions

any suggestions? I suppose I could live with this... but clearly there's still an issue

...and there are no issues with any other devices/applications
Old 06-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless View Post
must still be a conflict somewhere- Eucon "unexpectedly quit", however upon relaunch, everything came up as it should

I have (to the best of my knowledge) a stable staic IP (with the subnet mask recommended.

I have confirmed the firewall is not involved

I have removed the MBox2midi driver

I have repaired permissions

any suggestions? I suppose I could live with this... but clearly there's still an issue

...and there are no issues with any other devices/applications
I suggest you get used to it...it's brittle.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:23 PM

after a few hours of trying to carefully observe things... it appears that as long as I do not power up the Mix or Control BEFORE Eucon starts to load (icon spinning in the dock) all is well.

power it up when the computers gets turned on or before Eucon starts loading.... there's a problem

but... this I can get used to

and while I think not upgrading for PPC's is a marketing mistake (there's a lot of PPC's out there.. and I expect for a few more years to come), after march next year, I plan on moving up to the Intel dual Quad G5... upgrade PT?... not so sure about that- Logic and Eucon seem to work pretty well together... and I'd wager Avid won't risk it's relationship with Apple