Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Bus and Aux Help to monitor tracks......

I am new to this so please let me know if I am not getting my problem across.

I am running BFD 1.5 in Pro Tools L.E. 7.3. I have BFD insterted into an insturment track with all of the drum tracks (Rooms, PZMs, Kick, Snare etc) as the input of their particular tracks. The way I have it set up is: a drum track will only monitor its inserts (compression etc), when that track is record enabled, or recorded. My goal is to first build drum parts by looping a short sectoion at a time with midi merge enabled so that I can build a beat part-by-part. The problem I am having is that when I record the midi data is also records the audio on the drum tracks. When I go back to edit the midi parts, the old audio is still there from before and now both are heard.

:::::::::::::::::::The Question:::::::::::::::::::

My question is: How do I get the midi sounds to be heard from the individual (drum) tracks that might have inserts, without recording the audio? Is there a way that the track can be used for the inserts but the audio signal is just being monitored and not recorded? I'm sure this is a simple set up, but at this point I am lost.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::
From what I understand I need to set up aux tracks to monitor the audio. But I really have no idea how. Please help!!

Thanks, Anthony
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Bus and Aux Help to monitor tracks......

(Disclaimer) This could be totally wrong! Anyway ....

Try setting uip as many Auxes as there are outputs from BFD;

Set the Auxes' inputs to match BFD's outputs, i.e. BFD Output #1 to Aus #1's input etc;

Set all Auxes putputs to Analogue 1-2;

Record the MIDI info;

Hopefully you should be able tom hear the BFD sounds even before recording;

See line #1
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!