Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 05-28-2020, 04:25 PM

Default 2020.5 activation issue I’m on mojave

Whats up fellow audio peeps? So I actually am having an issue with 2020.5. Also am running latest Mojave. Here's the issue. I can't activate Pro Tools Ultimate. Literally can't run the program at all. My ilok is connected, logged in, perpetual Ultimate 12/11/10/9 bundle in my ilok. Avid link is up to date...says ultimate is active, with upgrade plan... PT keeps telling me I have no license. What the heck right? My support plan did recently expire but I renewed it. and also I have an ultimate perpetual subscription. anyone else?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:30 PM

Default Re: 2020.5 activation issue I’m on mojave

Same with me. Help!
Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 PM

Mojave 10.14.6 is a Supported Operating System
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...m-Requirements

In the latest version of iLok License Manager:
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
go to View>Columns, then tick “Activation Location” to see the location of your license/licenses

The basic troubleshooting step to resolve the launch issue of Pro Tools when using the iLok cloud is to close and re-open the iLok cloud session from the iLok license manager
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ate-iLok-Cloud

If you used iLok cloud and now want to use your iLok, go to “File>Close Your Cloud Session” in iLok License Manager
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...iLok-Cloud-FAQ

If none of the above applies to you, check “Available Licenses” in iLok License Manager – from here you can drag a license to your iLok

If your license is not in the cloud, Deactivate then Activate it in iLok License Manager - then Synchronize your iLok

Last edited by unkJE; 05-28-2020 at 07:41 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-29-2020, 10:27 PM

Hey unkJE,

Im actually on an unsupported OS. I was wrong to say Im on Mojave. Im on Catalina 10.15.4. I thought it was supported for some reason...my mistake. I tried all the cloud stuff and ilk trouble shooting I could think to do...My ilok manager did say "it was missing a background software try rebooting if doesn't work go to ilk and download latest thing..." Did that nothing is working. Reinstalled PT, Ilok manager reinstalled, opened and closed I lock cloud. tried both. I did all your steps nothing worked...I did learn a bit about I lock license manager though. So thanks for your suggestions. Still no idea about what the b"ackground software" from ilok is. Found nothing really helpful on ilok website.

I haven't changed anything on my MAC other than update my OS and PT update then this issue popped up on its own. So I'm thinking this is with my either OS or the problem comes from Pro Tools update.

I'm switching back to a supported OS. Support center hasn't responded in days to my case. NBD though people are still sorta jammed right now. So that's expected.

I will hope that switching back to the right OS fixes this activation issue.
If it doesn't fix it, I think I might send the new CEO an angry email that is profanity filled.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateUser1 View Post
...I will hope that switching back to the right OS fixes this activation issue...
It will, according to:

⚠️ ALERT: macOS Catalina 10.15.4 is NOT supported ⚠️
We have recently become aware of an issue that may affect certain machines running Pro Tools 2019.12 or later on macOS 10.15.4. When recording or playing back audio, the OS may lock up and require a hard reboot. We have found that Thunderbolt 2 spinning disk drives are more susceptible to this issue. We are working closely with Apple to resolve this issue with high priority. Until further notice, we recommend that you continue to run Pro Tools on macOS 10.15.3, and refrain from installing macOS 10.15.4. Thank you for your patience.

ALERT: macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and earlier now supported with Pro Tools 2019.12 and later
Pro Tools now supports macOS Catalina with version 2019.12 and later, though support for some file types, plug-ins, and functionality are not yet available due to the 64-bit transition. See these articles for more information:
⚠ ️File type support in Pro Tools on macOS Catalina ⚠️
⚠ ️Plug-in support in Pro Tools on macOS Catalina ⚠️

When you've got 10.15.3 installed, close your iLok Cloud Session and return Pro Tools to your iLok, then Synchronize iLok - good luck! Let's know if it works ...

Closing Cloud license:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ate-iLok-Cloud

Last edited by unkJE; 05-29-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-02-2020, 12:14 PM

Hey UnkJE and anyone else having an issue,

I got PT to work again. Finally heard back from AVID customer support. “They said to synchronize my ilok .” I had already done that I strongly believe. However I did it again today after a few days off, but this time I highlighted my liscense (PT ultimate perpetual) then hit synchronize by right clicking on my ilok within liscene manager ap. I never reverted my OS. Still on 2020.5. I never really did anything different than what I was doing before. Whatever though PT works again. Hooray. The lesson here is: Aliens are Real! And they are on this planet to infiltrate and disrupt the smoothness of our Avid products exclusively. No one knows why they do it. But they are here.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateUser1 View Post
…. I got PT to work again. Finally heard back from AVID customer support. “They said to synchronize my ilok .” I had already done that I strongly believe. However I did it again today after a few days off, but this time I highlighted my liscense (PT ultimate perpetual) then hit synchronize by right clicking on my ilok within liscene manager ap. I never reverted my OS. Still on 2020.5.
Thanks for posting your fix – hope it helps others, too.

Even though Avid still say 10.15.4 is not supported, good to hear it’s behaving for you – as it has for JFreak:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
No issues here so far, neither was with 10.15.4
As is 10.15.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
2020.5 is qualified for 10.15.3 not dot-two so that might be your problem. Hard to say. I myself am running 10.15.5 and 2020.5 behaves nicely
Old 03-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Hi!

I'm having the same issue when trying to open Pro Tools 2020.11. I've recently got a new computer and when I try to open Pro Tools it says that I "don't have any licenses in my account or none of the licenses have activations available, or their license limits will keep them from authorizing the software".
I am running Mojave 10.14.6, I have a Perpetual License Bundle (with 10/11/12), my iLok (with the activated license) is connected and recently synchronized as I read in this post. I have also updated iLok License Manager to the latest version. I've tried reinstalling Pro Tools but it still doesn't work. My support plan expired on June 2019. Avid link shows it is ACTIVATED.

OSX Mojave 10.14.6 - Pro Tools 2020.11 - Processor 3,7 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1023 MB - 480 SSD - 2TB HDD.

I really need to solve this ASAP.
Thanks!!