Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 12:06 AM

Default peak meters

I should like to know why the peak meters on the single track do not go over the 0.0 even I push the slider at maximum. What can I do to see the peak meter +6.0 as written on the reference guide?
Old 03-26-2001, 11:23 AM

Default Re: peak meters

The peak meters are called PFL meters (for pre fader listen, like the professional mixers). It show only the level of the track recorded. If you push the slider at maximum, you send to the group or mix +6dB but you see only the level of the recorded track (without the amplification of the slider). For see the amplifier level, you can create a master track or bus track and the peak meters of this track show the level with the amplification.
Sorry for my english......

------------------
Arnaud Ruffieux / Ruff-Tang Prod.
Old 03-27-2001, 01:35 AM

Default Re: peak meters

Thank you. But I referred to the master track and even the peak meters are constantly red with slider at maximum, the number that appears on the track does not go over 0.0 dB. I do not know why. It is like there is a compressor anywhere. Maybe I have to change some preference? Thank you.