Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 01:53 PM

Default Protools 6.0 Wishlist...

So before it comes out, what's everyone want? hat way they can make sure not to give it to us, and taunt us later with patches [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I want:

Patch Names
ASIO Support
Rewire support
VST Support (Just for the Synths even!, I don't care about effects)
5.1 support (Give HD 7.1 support, so we are a little behind, and it doesn't screw sales)
Dual Processor support (One processor for PT, one for Windows?)
Boston, Mass
Old 08-22-2002, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Protools 6.0 Wishlist...

Here's mine:

MIDI score editing (ie "notation") as an option instead of the "piano roll" metaphor. Give me this and I can forget about Logic nearly entirely.

Importing mixer setups / layouts / snapshots. Having to start a new layout from scratch for a three song demo project sux. Come on Digidesign, any cheapo stand alone digital mixer can do this - why not PT?

ASIO support. DX support. Yeah, it's not likely, but it would be nice...

True 5.1 support. There's work arounds, but they're a hassle. It would be nice to have it in PT LE.

DEFINITELY dual processor support! True, you wouldn't get double the performance, but even if it gave you a 30-40% increase, it would be worth it. One processor for PT, one for plug ins...

TRUE dual monitor support.

CALIBRATION MARKS on the meters!!!

MORE I/O! Come on Digidesign - the Digi 002 looks cool, but can't you make an expansion option for it? Or let us run two of them at a time? I'd gladly buy two if I could use the controllers and I/O on both to control a single instance of the current 32 track PT LE software... It SUX that you actually have LESS I/O on the Digi 002 (at 96 KHz) than you do on the Digi 001.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:07 PM

The annoying screen redraw problem that has been there since 5.01. When "show windows contents wile dragging" causes eraser-like marks in PT when the transport controller is dragged around.

www.dreamware.ca
Have something to brag about...Own a Dreamware Audio PC...

My Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2700C2 Corsair
MSI KT3ULTRA ARU
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 4 in RAID 0
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Lite-On 40x12x40 CD-RW
16x Pioneer DVD
Intel Pro/100 +
SB Audigy
Digi 001
Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 PM

Better Dual Monitor Support?
Tri-monitor support? (Matrox Parhelia)
MIDI monitor of some type instead of just making a track.
A tuner plugin built in? Could be helpful. I guess we have the signal generator.
Boston, Mass
Old 08-22-2002, 02:34 PM

-I would also definitively buy another 001 if I could hook them up together on the same machine.I am maby forgetting the obvious,but what is the best way to slave another puter with a 001 to another with the same?I dont mind if they keep the I/O limit to 16,because I will get to avoid the lightpipe and the expensive devices to use it with.

-more versatility with colouring tracks and devises...basically more manual control...so midi track 9 isnt light green while track ten is lightgreen minus two.

-Right mouse button functionality.Specifically in the area of tool selection.

-The ability to be able to import the track marker strip into another session.

-Same as above with tempo,timesignature.

-the ability to rename midi devices and channels.

-the ability to make a track inactive,thereby freeing a track while keeping the original in the session but inaudible (like the use of "voices" in other apps.

-the ability to save mutipleplug in combinations together...kinda like "rack sets" or something.

-the ability to use stereo interleaves files as is and to edit them at least(for a last check up before burning)

-an integrated spectrum analizer.

-the ability to access basic information about a session,like for example session setup,tempo and session notes without having to open the session.

-a simple and easy to use session clean up function.This will automatically compact and consolidate all regions that are audible,and save the clean session,or delete the files no longer used ,ready for backup.This is possible now,but a one stop function would be nice.

-a shortcut for bounce to disk.

-an output selector with shortcuts on masterfaders,voiding the need for a speaker selector box.

-proper dual monitor support

-a fit mixer to window function.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:47 PM

Everything that David and Phil mentioned plus CD audio direct import, and an Instant bounce to disk option. That would be such a time saver!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:04 PM

COMMAND FOCUS MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Last:
--the ability to rename midi devices and channels.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Long ago I asked for the ability to SEE what Midi channel each Midi FADER represents, without having to look under the fader. They should be marked (DigiCh1, Ch2, etc.) on the outside of each one.
That'de be good...
Old 08-22-2002, 04:47 PM

I just want to use the wheel to move up and down or left and right or something like scrub or anything useful.

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy Howell:
Long ago I asked for the ability to SEE what Midi channel each Midi FADER represents, without having to look under the fader. They should be marked (DigiCh1, Ch2, etc.) on the outside of each one.
That'de be good...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I write that info in the notes at the base of the channel among other stuff.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:02 PM

Please fix the S/PDIF optical so it stays set that way upon rebooting, instead of reverting back to ADAT.

Look into spontaneous reboots. The 001 is a factor in a lot of cases and this deserves to be fixed.