Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2016, 11:45 AM

Default The Dock with the Artist Series

I never got a definitive answer on this question. Since the dock is supposed to work with Artist Series units as well as the S3, can you get features like VCA spill and global banking (ie: 4 mix units bank in blocks of 32 and/or track select from the dock instantly updates proximity on the Artist faders), or are you still limited to Artist features that will simply see the dock?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:50 PM

Default Re: The Dock with the Artist Series

As far as I know VCA spill is for s3 only although the dock should work with artist mix. PT control works fine with my artist mix.

I would be very happy to find out I was wrong and vca spill would be implemented with the artist mix units, but as far as I know it is an s3 only feature only.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist9891 View Post
As far as I know VCA spill is for s3 only although the dock should work with artist mix. PT control works fine with my artist mix.

I would be very happy to find out I was wrong and vca spill would be implemented with the artist mix units, but as far as I know it is an s3 only feature only.
Thanks, what about banking and fader updates with Dock track selections?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
Thanks, what about banking and fader updates with Dock track selections?
I suspect it will work the same as with the PT Control app. The PT Control app basically acts like an Artist Control. In Eucon preferences you can set the Artist Mix and the Artist Control to bank together or independently. I have mine set to independently by choice. Really looking forward to the dock as it will give me an attention fader and I plan to keep my Artist Mix primarily as my VCA masters. If I need to more than one fader ( when mixing a drum kit for example ) I can always bank on the Artist Mix.

Right now I adjust plugins mostly on my Artist mix in flip fader mode as the rotary encoders are pretty bad. But adjust EQ/COMPS with faders is VERY accurate. Hopefully the Dock will have better knob encoders. I think someone mentioned that the knobs on the dock are taken directly from the S3.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist9891 View Post
I suspect it will work the same as with the PT Control app. The PT Control app basically acts like an Artist Control. In Eucon preferences you can set the Artist Mix and the Artist Control to bank together or independently. I have mine set to independently by choice. Really looking forward to the dock as it will give me an attention fader and I plan to keep my Artist Mix primarily as my VCA masters. If I need to more than one fader ( when mixing a drum kit for example ) I can always bank on the Artist Mix.

Right now I adjust plugins mostly on my Artist mix in flip fader mode as the rotary encoders are pretty bad. But adjust EQ/COMPS with faders is VERY accurate. Hopefully the Dock will have better knob encoders. I think someone mentioned that the knobs on the dock are taken directly from the S3.
You might be in for an unwelcome surprise. You cannot use the artist mix at the same time as the PT control app. maybe they will remove this restriction, but I don't hold my breath with anything as far as this company is concerned
Old 04-05-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
You might be in for an unwelcome surprise. You cannot use the artist mix at the same time as the PT control app. maybe they will remove this restriction, but I don't hold my breath with anything as far as this company is concerned
Now I'm confused. This thread says that the Dock with the Artist Mix will work fine.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378357&page=2

The Dock and the Artist Control will not work together since Eucon sees those as two of the same type of units.

Andy
Old 04-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post

The Dock and the Artist Control will not work together since Eucon sees those as two of the same type of units.

Andy

That is correct info, at the present time....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Now I'm confused. This thread says that the Dock with the Artist Mix will work fine.

Andy
oops, I meant artist control