Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2001, 02:16 PM

Default Beat Detective and building a tempo map around a stereo music mix... Any insight?

I do alot of work based off of a stereo track of music. Import a stereo track , then do vocals over it. Before beat detective, I had developed an easy way to fly vocals and all was good.
But now with Beat detective, Id like to try to get a tempo map up so I can use grid mode and/or add some midi stuff to it, all locked in time...
The stereo track of audio was usually made via another sequencer (MPC, Logic, etc) But by the time it gets to me , no one remembers the tempo...
So, Im wondering if anyone has any tips on how they use beat detective to build a CORRECT tempo map around a stereo mix of audio. The mixes are always done on a sequencer so the tempo shouldnt vary. But anytime i use B.D. its always either picking a tempo twice as fast as it should be, or it drifts, or it makes tons of tempo events. Im sure with a a single kick drum it would be easier, but maybe the stereo mix of music makes it hard for it to figure a soild tempo map out..

Any Tips?
thanks
MT

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: Mt.Everest ]
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•