Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2000, 03:33 PM

Default Where does Waves TDM install to?

Install askes where your waves plugins are? I have some in their own folder called "waves" and in another folder called "Wavws 2.81" in the Digidesign folder under another folder called "waves" and also in the System Folder under the DAE folder also called "Plugins." Where do they really need to be. After installing Waveshell TDM Bundle 2.81, I only see plugins for Protools when I'm running protools 5.0. All the waves plugins are missing. Which is the "right" place to direct install too when Waves asks where your waves plugins are? I obviously have too many different places and PT isn't finding the wave plugins. Couldn't find any installation docs on 2.81 in the waves website. I guess it's too easy so they don't bother telling you where they should go.
Thanks for any help. I know this isn;t really a digi problem but have never seen a user group or conference site for waves.
Old 02-02-2000, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Where does Waves TDM install to?

The Waves 2.8.1 Plug-Ins installer places a folder called Waves 2.8.1 on the root of your hard drive. That folder contains the folder called Waves plug-ins where all of the plug-ins live. The Waveshell TDM 2.8.1 goes in your DAE Plug-ins folder. I would recommend that you put all of your plug-ins in one folder as suggested above. Then you just install the different Waveshells for different applications. For instance, if you have Vision, you put the Waveshell VST in the Vision VST Plug-Ins folder.

If you have a high speed connection, it might not hurt to download the full installer from Waves of whatever bundle you have and run it again.

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing