Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Free Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite

Steve, that's what mine shows v6.9 and seems to work fine.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:21 AM

I like a lot of things about this new suite. Sounds very good, more usuable overall than Dyn II. The HF only button on the De-Esser is a boon.

But why on earth doesn't the De-Esser have a t-hold control? I'm reduced to putting a trim plug in front of it to keep it from affecting things below a certain level. Maybe I'm just showing my igorance about how to use this particular tool? But sometimes you just want things below a certain t-hold to remain untouched.

David J. Finnamore
www.elvenminstrel.com

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 01-10-2006, 05:28 PM

Sounds really good. Doesn't seem to loose any quality bypassing it. Some of the other comps I use take away from, or you hear a slight loss in the sound quality. I don't hear that with DYN III. Pretty happy with it.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:51 PM

Hi, just checking in. Is there any progress on the automation enable issue? Thanks.......Andy D.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 AM

Dear Digi
after a few days of use I cannot to make a mix without DYN III. Sound really good and trasparent!
Very good, Digi, very good!!

Thanks to help us with this tools.

All the best

Wasabi
Old 01-27-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Because some 3rd party plug-ins do not use a 'proper' page table resource or don't have a resource at all (which was the case with Waves until they came out with an update), the method the Pro Tools uses to get that resource can reveal issues with improper page tables. That's the reason that there doesn't seem to be any consistency to which plug-in causes it and which one exhibits the problem.

In other words - there is nothing wrong with Dynamics III or EQIII or any plug-in that has proper page table resources. You're merely seeing the secondary effects.

This is incorrect and disingenuous.

There are two ways a plug-in can specify page table layouts, "legacy" and "XML". Both are 'proper' and legal according to the Digidesign Developer documentation. It explicitly states that XML page tables are recommended but optional and that legacy page tables are supported in all versions of DAE.

The disappearing page table issue is a *BUG* in PT 6.9 which, at minimum, can be triggered when a plug-in using ONLY Legacy page tables is instanciated after a plug-in using ONLY XML page tables. DynIII was one of the first plugs to only use XML page tables, not both or Legacy only, and hence was the one of the triggers for exposing this bug.

Legacy-only page tables are not improper. Neither are XML-only. Yes, the easiest fix is for developers with Legacy-only plugs to add XML page tables. But those plug-ins were properly, legally, constructed according to Digidesign specifications. It is misleading to claim this issue is due to faulty workmanship by the plug-in developers. It is PT 6.9 (DAE really) that is failing to properly load legally constructed page tables according to the specifications in place at the time of its release.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:26 PM

Heh,I guess you were right on it, no rejoinder from digi
I'm still working in 6.9.3 and this is still an issue with soundtoys, kinda sucks, having to choose whether to use soundtoys OR the new digi plugs. I removed both the new digi plugs, I think (others suggested this before me) that anything with the .dpm extension causes problems. I put all 6 oxford plugs and removed the digi stuff and still had problems.
by the way do you guys think that the digi stuff is a good as the oxford dynamics or eq?
guess now that we're up to 7, 6 won't get fixed, which is fine if 7 really works well,
peace
daniel
Old 03-10-2006, 12:12 PM

This is still a bad bug and I would think that it should have been addressed by now. There's been some new threads started regarding this problem and it's too bad Digi has done nothing about it. So what's up Digi?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Free Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite....gr

Well it is not quite free....after installing the Free dynamic the spot function doesn't seem to be working anymore. When you try to spot a file it just moves it to the beginnig of the session....so you win some loose some?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Free Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite....gr

You've accidentally turned on "Auto Spot", to disable it go to the options menu and unselect it, or use" Apple P"