Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Save Session Copy

Hi All, I am experiencing a problem where Save Session Copy (with audio files) in PT 6.9.3 crashes fairly regularly. It is showing a "bad file name" error. No other crashing issues, just this one process. Any ideas on this? Thanks.......Andy Daddario
Old 11-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Save Session Copy

is this error -37?
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 AM

Yes, I believe it is. I'll try a SSC today to verify. They are pretty big Dialogue/MX/EFX mix sessions (over 5 meg) so I don't know if that's a contributing factor or not. It does seem to be some file problem that is stopping it though.........Andy Daddario
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 AM

Yeah.. if it's error -37, then this is a HUGE DOG that's been plagueing us since 5.0. Basically, PT is trying to copy the same file from 2 different locations and it's getting confused so it gives you the error. According to Digi, there IS NO FIX other than manually copying the files. So far, I have NOT seen this in 7.0 since it renames all "illeagal" files. I guess I haven't been using it long enough to run in to a duplicate.

Good Luck.
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 AM

i had this problem just recently and i was able to rename the file suspect to causing the problem and then it worked ok. it my case it appeared to be a long name or illegal charecters or something to that effect... hope this helps

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 AM

Unfortunately PT doesn´t preserve the folder-structure when doing this. it tries to jam all files into one folder. On complex projects it´s nearly impossible to do a save as including files.

frank.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 PM

Remember, you can do the "Copy and relink" function from the Project Browser. I've not had any more trouble with this one since someone here clued me in to this. I used to tear my hair out over those errors...

At this point, you probably have audio files in multiple folders, with some file(s) sharing the same name. You open the Project Browser, double click on the Audio Files folder, sort by path, and then select everything you want to copy. Then do the "Copy and Relink" function. As the operation progresses, you will see the file(s) on which the computer fails in the Task window. Then, just rename the errant file, copy it like you did the others, and you're done. Make sure you don't replace the file with the one that shares its name, as there's no guarantee that they are the same actual audio file. Unless, that is, you know for sure.

Hope this helps,
S.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Ok,I'll try all these ideas. Thanks gang..........Andy Daddario
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Thanks, worked perfectly. Didn't have another "ginked" session until today. Did the relink and SSC with no problems. Thanks again..........Andy Daddario