Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: De esser Bug

Quote:
I'm having an issue where when I add the De-esser plug in to my session, that other plugins Automation windows are then blanked out. Specifically it seems to corrupt many of the Waves plugins, C4 and Q10 I use quite a bit. Though the automation is still playing, the rotary knobs on the Pro Control are not able to be accessed.
I believe Waves has a fix for this - contact them for an update.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:11 PM

Ok thanks, I'll check. Odd bug. Do you know if this effect happens also with the new compressor? Thanks..........Andy D.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I believe Waves has a fix for this - contact them for an update
I had the same problem with the compressor/limiter when the automation from Waves Q10 and Ren EQ and Antares Autotune was blank, when I restarted the session without the compressor/limiter all things works normal. I don´t think the problem is with Waves or Antares but I didn´t get exactally what happened.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 PM

So far unable to find a fix from Waves, just general updates. Any ideas on this? Thanks....Andy D.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Quote:

So far unable to find a fix from Waves, just general updates. Any ideas on this? Thanks....Andy D.
The Waves fix involves installing a .xml file in your plug-in folder, contact Waves support for the correct file for your system. It works great for me, but only fixes my Waves plug-ins. I still lose the automation parameter list with SoundToys.

STeve
Old 11-30-2005, 10:10 AM

Thanks much for the tip. I'll give it a try........Andy D.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Free Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite

When Digidesign Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite was installed, the automation parameter of AMP Farm3.0 was lost from the list.
The automation of AMP Farm3.0 cannot be used.
PT6.9.3cs3 os10.4.3
Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Avid

We are working on tracking down the cause of this - so far we've been unable to reproduce the problem, so it's difficult to determine the exact cause. We're going to be running another round of tests shortly in the hopes of coming up with some useful evidence. We'll keep you posted with any info as soon as we have it.

If anyone has any further input on recreating the symptoms, please post it here.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:49 PM

I'd be happy to demonstrate it any time this upcoming week if you have someone in the LA area. I'm at Todd AO Burbank. It's very consistent and easy to show.........Andy D.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:59 PM

So here's a trouble shooter for you. I got a call from the assistant at World Link Digital's (you know those guys right? ) Pro Control dub stage saying that automation parameters were not appearing on some Waves plugins. It wasn't happening on every session, but it was consistent that day. I told him that this problem as cropped up recently and asked him if Dynamics III was installed. He said he didn't know. I had him open the session on the second system in the room and when he did, the auto parameters showed up and were added to the "enabled" list. Opened the same session back on the first system and the parameters were still there, but when he added an additional Waves plugin, no parameters . I called back today to follow up and sure enough, the first system had Dynamics III installed and the second system didn't. He took Dyn III out of the first system and now it's solid. No problems with automation parameters. EQ III is still installed. So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
The WLD systems are Dual 1.25 Mirrored Doors, maxed RAM, 10.3.8, PT 6.9.1cs3, Pro Control.

You might want to send Tom or Jon over to Todd Burbank if Andy can show it constantly. They might be able to spot something or at least just witness it happening.

I'll try to follow up and have WLD put the Waves .xml fix in, reinstall Dyn III and let you know what happens.