Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Sign in for "OH PLEASE NO AQUA LOOK IN PT 6"

That was great Numich.

I thought after I read the initial bold print, a big argument was coming..

That was the highlight of my day.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:46 PM

I am hoping for the XP Luna shell.

www.dreamware.ca
Have something to brag about...Own a Dreamware Audio PC...

My Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2700C2 Corsair
MSI KT3ULTRA ARU
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 4 in RAID 0
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Lite-On 40x12x40 CD-RW
16x Pioneer DVD
Intel Pro/100 +
SB Audigy
Digi 001
Old 10-02-2002, 11:26 PM

you guys are trippin out. A choice of skins sounds cool.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:03 AM

But a command line interface would really be cool!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 10-03-2002, 02:15 AM

...and "punch card" MIDI programming. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Numachida
Member # 17260

posted October 02, 2002 08:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My meaning of right and wrong, and of morality are best stated in our Declaration of Independance:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,..."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Numachida,
I think your intentions are good, but also that you might have felt already that probably any states declaration in the world sounds honourable while it practically isn´t worth the paper it´s written on.
There is not even one government that would in fact be aiming to represent citizens.
Governments tasks are determined by minorities in order to maintain these minorities profiting from the majority.
Such won´t change until the end, unless majority one day would get out of control and aware of a vaccuum thoroughly sucking out pockets, souls and lifetime.

This might sound simple but behind a well prepared, complex facade it´s all there is.

One of the best scientific works ( or maybe even the best at all )about how comes that we as individuals as well as masses are functioning so practically for the economic ways we have is a book called "The Sexual Revolution" from Wilhelm Reich ( in my opinion a genius scientist in the same range as Einstein ). The title shouldn´t irritate. When starting to read you might be astonished about its plain actuality and feel like it must be from very recently. The more you will wonder to find it being published already in 1945 - without common sense having taken too much notice yet ( except of directed superficial condemnation ). The establishment from the very right to the very left including the clergy had their reasons to make it vanish from scenery. The US government alone spent 200 millions $ at that time to eliminate this work.

It might need a little bit concentration to read what comes exceptionally and clearing at the same time, but actually it is kept in a very understandable language.
It might change one´s view for ever and certainly the daily way of lecturing the newspaper. Life after it might feel less comfortable, but it depends on your personal demand whether wanting to know or not.
Should you think sense of human life was consciousness, I would recommend this book very much to you.

With best intentions too,

Lalaman
Old 10-03-2002, 06:04 AM

Numachida you have got to be kidding me.

As for the the poor fellow who thinks me might be Republican:

Don't be swayed by somebody who villifies the other half of our two-party system -- Not until you understand the fundamental differences between the two major parties.

If anyone were to disagree with most of the "points" raised in Numachida's original post, they'd have to be a satanist, an evil doer, a scumbag. Who doesn't want children to be raised by their parents? Who doesn't want a goverment that acknowledges morality?

What's missing there -- if you're still trying to decide whether or not you should be sending checks to the GOP -- are the general principals that divide our two major parties.

1. Taxes. If you had to choose, who do you believe deserves to get tax relief: The middle class or the large corporations and CEO's? Dont ask me why, but you can't have both. G.W. did it and our economy went sour.

2. Lezze faire. Do you prefer a vigilant goverment with lots of laws and organizations to enforce regulations on big businesses (like pollution control and accounting practices) or do you prefer that the government allow large businesses to preserve their profits with less regard to such concerns.

3. Social welfare. Do you prefer that the government offer monetary support to the poor to offer them a chance to become upwardly mobile, or do you prefer that the government let these folks fend for themselves because ultimately if you offer social welfare you're not helping the poor get their act together?

Simply stated, who are any of you to define morality for anyone other than yourself and your children? With the exception of a few things come close, there are no absolute truths for most people.

I don't need to paint Republicans in a bad light just to tout my political beliefs.

And if that was a recruiting technique and it actually worked, you can have him.

-sean.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe:
...and "punch card" MIDI programming. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL @ Phil [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 07:38 AM

would digi please delete this retarded thread? there are plenty of other non-PT-related forums for that type of nonsense...
Old 10-03-2002, 08:11 AM

yep Numachida. that was great! lol