Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2024, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance M1 AAX DSP Issues

With the new 2023.12.1-update, the Ampeg B-15N finally works in DSP-mode natively! Well done, Avid.
Edit: Happy too soon, it just works in stereo, mono crashes the plugin.

Last edited by WHelbsing; 01-16-2024 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-21-2024, 08:59 AM

Things are so messed up with Native Instruments/PA and (I think) iZotope now.

NI has always had the worst customer service, but their upgrade paths were simple. Now, neither company knows what a user owns from the other, so there are upgrades that include things one already owns or duplicate packages with no comparison system that says what someone owns and what they'll get.

Then to top it off, I don't believe any (or very few) PA plugs work with DSP despite being M1 compatible and AAX-DSP. If you read the fine print they don't work.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 01-24-2024, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Things are so messed up with Native Instruments/PA and (I think) iZotope now.

NI has always had the worst customer service, but their upgrade paths were simple. Now, neither company knows what a user owns from the other, so there are upgrades that include things one already owns or duplicate packages with no comparison system that says what someone owns and what they'll get.

Then to top it off, I don't believe any (or very few) PA plugs work with DSP despite being M1 compatible and AAX-DSP. If you read the fine print they don't work.
It's 3 companies with a lot of products and projects on the go. I'm sure it will all get sorted out and simplified as time goes on. It will make good business sense to improve their customer support, so hopefully that will get addressed too.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
What do you mean, specifically?

The expected AAX-DSP plugins I've tried work, BUT, with really long delays on insert (and GUI lag). Switching to M1 native PT did not really make any difference either.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:03 PM

Quote:
From what I can tell the only AAX DSP that still doesn't work on M1 is the Ampeg B15N Amp. I have about all the AAX DSP Plug-ins from PA and they all work. Other than the long loading times when switching from DSP to Native.