Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:18 AM

Default serious tdm problem

i'm running a carillon 2.4ghz p4, 1.5g ram, and 6.4 tdm mix3.
whenever i get to a certain track/plug in count (and it's never huge, usually somewhere around 30 tracks or so), something really freaky happens to anything going out of outputs 1-2.
the audio itself in unaffected, the fader position is nominally the same, but suddenly it's like the bus has reset itself and everything is deafeningly loud from those outputs.
it happened again the other day, when i just finished a mix, and made a new stereo track to print it onto, and suddenly my levels were shagged.
i've removed all other drivers - asio, wavedriver etc, and reinstalled pro tools, but no luck.
could anyone help me on this before i drop kick my pc out the window and buy a mac.
many thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: serious tdm problem

Quote:
when i just finished a mix, and made a new stereo track to print it onto, and suddenly my levels were shagged.
Are you feeding your mix back in to the session? If so, are you muting the master track as you record? I prefer "Bounce to Disk", it skips a generation by going straight to a file. I can also create an interleaved stereo file instead of having to combine them later (avoiding another generation of data manipulation). Good luck

http://www.badrap.org
Old 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM

i record it back cause i'm using the neve summing mixer and lots of outboard stuff patched around, and the bounce to disk function only covers outputs 1-2.
but it's not simply when i'm bouncing a mix that the problem crops up.......that's just the most annoying scenario. it's whenever the track count or plug in count reaches a certain, as yet undefined point that the bussing go weird.
anyone got any ideas? it's really getting me down.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 AM

What version of TDM Mix are you running?
You should be on 6.4.1CS4
I saw this on some other version of 6.4.1.
But mine is ROCK solid 64 tracks, putting along on a old P4 1.7Ghz with WinXP Pro SP1!

George Ware