Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-14-2011, 12:48 PM

Default MBox 3 Pro Master Volume Knob...Ugh! Help

Ok, have a weird problem. I have an MBox3 Pro (my second actually; the first one was a dud). The master volume knob on the unit has been acting very funny lately. When I turn the volume up, nothing happens for a few seconds, then suddenly, the unit blasts the volume and I have to scramble to turn it down. When I turn it down, there is a delay in the unit reacting to me rotating the knob. Finally it turns down.

it's just inexplicable. The volume knob seems not to be calibrated. When I turn it, it should react. This is a new issue though. When I first got the MBox3 Pro, it was fine. I've barely used it and I'm never careless with my gear. When I turn the knob very very gradually, it seems to work normally. Any medium-fast turning makes the volume totally out of control (too loud or too soft very abruptly). It's absurd actually.

please help? Anyone else have this issue?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Default Re: MBox 3 Pro Master Volume Knob...Ugh! Help

anyone have some info on this issue? would love the help. has anyone else experienced it?

i know some people have expressed structural problems and manufacturer problems with the new MBox3 Pro.