Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2020, 11:46 AM

Default PT 2019.12 - the code execution cannot proceed, icuin62.dll not found

Whe I launch Pro Tools 2019.12 there is first message "The code execution cannot proceed because icuin62.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem" There is second alert about "icuuc62.dll" missing.

What's going on?? I tried:
- reinstal Pro Tools
- reinstal two audio drivers (i use RME Fireface interface and Apollo x6, switching between)
- leave only ONE interface working with ONLY one "playback device" enabled (outputs 1,2) in Audio Setting

Nothing helps

I try to reinstall MB Chipset divers, Thunderbolt Drivers (for Apollo).

Can't run

Holding "N" when running PT is impossible. Alert appears immediatelly after I click PT icon.

I trashe Pro Tools preferences and wave cache. Didn't help too...

Any idea?? What are "icuin62.dll" for?

My hardware:

Gigabyte Z390 motherboard, SATA m.2 SSD Samsung Disk, RME Fireface and Apollo x6, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Radeon RX570.

Three days ago system was working properly.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 AM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Re: PT 2019.12 - the code execution cannot proceed, icuin62.dll not found

That dynamic library file is from Windows 10, not specific to Pro Tools. Is that the operating system you are using? You may need to reinstall Windows, not ProTools.

https://www.exefiles.com/en/dll/icuin-dll/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2020, 12:10 PM

Default Re: PT 2019.12 - the code execution cannot proceed, icuin62.dll not found

Yes. I'm running Windows 10 x64 system. I see very little information on web about icuin62.dll file. Is there any tool to check Windows 10 system files compatibility? Do you suggest should download Win installer image then run and choose "repair" from boot manager...?

I tried to remove Pro Tools, reinstall, reinstall chipset drivers, audio drivers.. Nothing helps
Old 06-11-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeqplease View Post
That dynamic library file is from Windows 10, not specific to Pro Tools. Is that the operating system you are using? You may need to reinstall Windows, not ProTools.

https://www.exefiles.com/en/dll/icuin-dll/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually it's a DLL (shared library) installed by Pro Tools. It should reside in C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\icuin62.dll

The Pro Tools installer should be putting it there. Make sure you are installing Pro Tools to the C: drive. And that drive is actually showing up on your system as the C:\ drive. Never change any of those defaults.

Check if that DLL is there and who owns it etc. looks correct. It it's missing then the obvious first fix is to rerun the installer or more technical folk might want to just copy the DLL out of the installer ZIP package to see if dropping it in place works. Or diffing the files to see if they are the same etc. (it's exactly where you would expect in the installer bundler... e.g. Pro_Tools_2020.5.0_Win\Pro Tools\Program Files 64\Avid\Pro Tools\icuin62.dll

If after installing or replacing that DLL is it is still failing then something else is wrong.

And always make sure the Pro Tools app is set to run as Administrator (not just your login has administrator privileges).

Since this is a shared library for unicode support, problems might be triggered by your Windows or Pro Tools locale/language versions/settings, and being you are in Poland that might just be triggering something here. .. but they would be issues maybe with things like the path to the DLL getting mangled or because you maybe not say using a US English locale that the DLL is getting called for something where it normally would not.. it's not like an error in the DLL for something, it just can't find the DLL. It could be the installer is broken by your locale as well and the DLL is not getting installed properly, so certainly manually check it is there.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-11-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:07 PM

Yes. My Pro Tools is installed always to C: drive.

I have checked it. There is no icuin62.dll file in Pro Tools path. There is no DLL file n extracted installer path (why???). Attached screenshot of installer path.

I can see "icuin.dll" and "icuuc.dll" in Windows\system32 path, but no "...62.dll"

I'm running ENG version of Windows. I have just Polish region set but I don't use polish characters and keyboard. I didn't change it until PT crashed.

So maybe I try to run PT installer as Administator. Running PT as Administrator doesn't help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pt path.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2020, 03:35 PM

I don't have an installer for 2019.12 on Windows to look at. I would search in the whole unzipped installer package for icuin62.dll.

If there is no icuin62.dll in it then I'd give up with that version of Pro Tools and grab the latest and try installing that. You could try redownloading your installer again but this is very much not the type of problem you expect to see with a corrupted install download.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Wait.. Something is wrong.

There is no icuin62.dll in Pro Tools 2019.12 unzipped installer, but... there is icuin62.dll in 2020.5 installer but.. I have 2019.12 installed.

How is it possible Pro Tools 2019.12 asking of 2020 installer files??? I have NEVER installed PT newer than 2019.12 on my PC computer! Suddenly PT 2019.12 is searching for files existing in 2020 version.... I don't understand it
Old 06-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Of course something is wrong, yoru Pro Tools install is trying to use a library that is not installed and does not seem to be in your installer. That's why we are here.

I am not sure what you are thinking here. I never said you had to have installed 2020.5 before to create this problem.

There just seems to be a file missing in the installer you are using. Nobody knows why it is not there or why Pro Tools on your system is trying to use that library. Poland may be a factor, who knows. The obvious thing to try is to install a version that has the missing file in the installer.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:23 AM

I tried one more time to download 2019.12 installer. There's no icuin62.dll file. In the 2020.5 installer it's present.

So I guess that only way is to install 2020.5 installer now or...try to copy missing dll files from 2020 installer to 2019 destination folder.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:58 PM

One more time:
- 2019.12 installer downloaded
- full uninstall of current PT and HD Driver (manually deleting Wave Cache, Pro Tools Prefs and other..)
- machine restart
- new installation of 2019.12 and...now it works! Now there's no icuin62.dll file in destination path of PT installation.

I can't understand what happened...