Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-18-2019, 05:01 PM

Default Eiosis Eq

Does anyone have an issue with this plugin crashing pro tools on quit? It happens to me all of the time there is no update not since last year. Does anyone know of an eg that sounds like it? I tried a bunch but none get me the sound I’m looking for as fast as I get with eiosis. Tried fabfilter but I prefer it for making corrections
Old 10-19-2019, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Eiosis Eq

I use eiosis eq a lot. It is literally my go to eq because it sounds better than the rest. :) I get crashes on quit every time. I guessed it must have been due to some plugin I use a lot because I also sometimes do NOT get a crash on quit for very small and simple sessions. I will check this immediately. Thanks for finding this and let’s hope that they can fix it soon. Like you say, it has been like this for about a Year. Perhaps the version just before the current one works better??

Phone +46707773443
Old 10-19-2019, 12:39 AM

love that eq always in my master bus chain if possible try to add it in a template if you can chances it will be more stable than a regular pop up plugin i started to have the same problem when i moved to protools 10 or 11!
Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 AM

I tried to get PT to crash on quit by adding one Eiosis EQ to an otherwise plug-in free session. It did not. So I tried 10 of them. It did not crash either. So there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps it is Air EQ plus some other plugin we use all the time that makes it crash? I religiously submit the crash logs to Avid. Like 2 per day perhaps. For a year... So they should be able to figure it out... Or rather Eiosis should... But things move at a slower speed in the Slate Universe. Its like when you go to Pluto on an expedition and when you come back 30 years later, only two weeks have passed at Slate Media.

Phone +46707773443
Old 10-19-2019, 07:33 AM

thanks for the reply I tried everything adding just the eiosis eq by itself gives me the same crash. I put in a ticket with eiosis 2 days ago no reply. I guess I can deal with the crashes but sometimes it will crash and I may have been messing around with a session and not want to save but protools saves anyway weird.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
love that eq always in my master bus chain if possible try to add it in a template if you can chances it will be more stable than a regular pop up plugin i started to have the same problem when i moved to protools 10 or 11!
Do you hate using punctuations and commas?

Gets hard to read and for longer posts people might skip reading as everything floats together.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-19-2019, 09:39 AM

why are you being such a punctuations and commas nazi Lol just trying to help out a fellow musician!
Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
why are you being such a punctuations and commas nazi Lol just trying to help out a fellow musician!
because it is distracting and sometimes changes the meaning of what you say not to mention it makes the reader get out of breath because you expect the sentence to end but it never ends and your brain is thinking this guy is nuts because he is saying so much without breathing it also makes you look like a teenager even if you dont use lol everywhere did i also mention it is hard to read have you ever noticed
Old 10-19-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
because it is distracting and sometimes changes the meaning of what you say not to mention it makes the reader get out of breath because you expect the sentence to end but it never ends and your brain is thinking this guy is nuts because he is saying so much without breathing it also makes you look like a teenager even if you dont use lol everywhere did i also mention it is hard to read have you ever noticed
100% agree EU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 10-19-2019, 01:20 PM

The thing that makes the DUC work is good communication. Bad punctuation can be as tough as bad translation.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave