Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-15-2017, 01:46 PM

Default Re: T-RackS Group Buy

I had bought the Lurssen Mastering Console (worked out nicely - thanks) slightly more than a week before the Group Buy was announced. When I saw it, I sent off a question to Support to see if there was anything they could do to add me in.

Not so much as a single response.

Even though I was hoping - and I was prepared for a decline, at least they could have given a courtesy answer.

Bad show on IK's part.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:33 PM

I have some IK Software but in general I don't really like the way they do things.

I had bought the Ampeg bass amp for Amplitube and every time I tried to use it parts were missing or not found. Eventually it fell off of my account and support couldn't help.

I don't really have time to comb through software only to have things unavailable or missing or requiring extra purchases. I would rather deal with Waves, SSL, Native Instruments, Eventide, etc... and just buy the software I want without the upsell.

I bought the Ampeg SVX which I really like, but a lot of the software I have purchased (Sampletank sounds, etc...) just haven't been that useful.

Support and continued usability are what have scared me off.

However, as I said, I do like the SVX.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 05-16-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bell 9 View Post
I had bought the Lurssen Mastering Console (worked out nicely - thanks) slightly more than a week before the Group Buy was announced. When I saw it, I sent off a question to Support to see if there was anything they could do to add me in.

Even though I was hoping - and I was prepared for a decline, at least they could have given a courtesy answer.

Bad show on IK's part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I have some IK Software but in general I don't really like the way they do things.

I had bought the Ampeg bass amp for Amplitube and every time I tried to use it parts were missing or not found. Eventually it fell off of my account and support couldn't help.

I don't really have time to comb through software only to have things unavailable or missing or requiring extra purchases. I would rather deal with Waves, SSL, Native Instruments, Eventide, etc... and just buy the software I want without the upsell.

I bought the Ampeg SVX which I really like, but a lot of the software I have purchased (Sampletank sounds, etc...) just haven't been that useful.

Support and continued usability are what have scared me off.

However, as I said, I do like the SVX.
What was missing from the Ampeg collection? Were you browsing through some of the presets? If so a lot of those presets are/were put together using other pieces not included in Ampeg like certain fx. Sucks that IK did that but I guess it's their way of getting you to buy more of their stuff. Believe me when I say in no way am I condoning what they do. IK does the same thing with presets in other collections.

As I've written before my interactions with their support have been less than satisfying. As to not getting answers back from them I think something is mucked up in their email system. I've gone round and round with support about not getting their email newsletters and still no joy.

The upshot is like Noah330 my money is being spent elsewheres as IK seems to have turned a deaf ear to their loyal customers.

QAPLA!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:43 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bell 9 View Post

Bad show on IK's part.
What is your ticket number? Or if you used the contact form on our site, PM your email address. It isn't like support not to respond.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:32 PM

Thank You Peter.

IK Support contacted me right after our exchange.

Cheers.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What was missing from the Ampeg collection? Were you browsing through some of the presets? If so a lot of those presets are/were put together using other pieces not included in Ampeg like certain fx. Sucks that IK did that but I guess it's their way of getting you to buy more of their stuff. Believe me when I say in no way am I condoning what they do. IK does the same thing with presets in other collections.

As I've written before my interactions with their support have been less than satisfying. As to not getting answers back from them I think something is mucked up in their email system. I've gone round and round with support about not getting their email newsletters and still no joy.

The upshot is like Noah330 my money is being spent elsewheres as IK seems to have turned a deaf ear to their loyal customers.
Well, first I got an email offering me x number of free "credits" so I figured I would buy an Ampeg B-15. I didn't have enough "credits" so I had to purchase more then I used them to buy the Ampeg.

The Ampeg was pretty much unusable. It would load but it would give a message telling me various parts were unavailable, etc....

Eventually, it didn't work at all. When I contacted support my account showed I had purchased x number of credits and they were used but the authorization I bought was gone and they had no record of it.

I did buy the SVX through Audio Deluxe for a really low price and it's nice for what it is, but over the years I have had a lot of problems with other software they sell.

Plus the whole "credit" thing makes it hard to know what you're getting and how much you're spending. When I'm recording I want to pull up software and have it work, not get asked to spend more or have missing authorizations.

I had an issue with my network card deauthorizing my waves licenses. In about 5 minutes of chat followed by a live call I was up and running in about 20 mins.

Big difference.

Instagram:
Old 05-19-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Well, first I got an email offering me x number of free "credits" so I figured I would buy an Ampeg B-15. I didn't have enough "credits" so I had to purchase more then I used them to buy the Ampeg.

The Ampeg was pretty much unusable. It would load but it would give a message telling me various parts were unavailable, etc....

Eventually, it didn't work at all. When I contacted support my account showed I had purchased x number of credits and they were used but the authorization I bought was gone and they had no record of it.

I did buy the SVX through Audio Deluxe for a really low price and it's nice for what it is, but over the years I have had a lot of problems with other software they sell.

Plus the whole "credit" thing makes it hard to know what you're getting and how much you're spending. When I'm recording I want to pull up software and have it work, not get asked to spend more or have missing authorizations.

I had an issue with my network card deauthorizing my waves licenses. In about 5 minutes of chat followed by a live call I was up and running in about 20 mins.

Big difference.
You haven't answered the question I asked: exactly what parts were missing? Certain fx? Remember that IK for some odd reason sells the amp and speaker cabs separate. Even for combo amps like a Fender Twin Reverb. So for the B15 you would have needed the amp & cab as separate purchases. Completely stupid and they don't offer a combo price for the pair either except for the collections.

As to credits for the lower dollar amounts in credits purchased it's a one-to-one correspondence. One dollar gets you one credit. When you get into the higher credit amount the cost per credit goes down. At one time you could only purchase stuff direct from IK via credits; it's only relatively recent they went to also being to buy by cash.

Believe me I'm no fanboy of the way IK does their business.

QAPLA!
Old 05-21-2017, 06:03 PM

This is good

My Top 5 Favorite IK Multimedia Plugins - Into The Lair #162

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 05-21-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You haven't answered the question I asked: exactly what parts were missing? Certain fx? Remember that IK for some odd reason sells the amp and speaker cabs separate. Even for combo amps like a Fender Twin Reverb. So for the B15 you would have needed the amp & cab as separate purchases. Completely stupid and they don't offer a combo price for the pair either except for the collections.
Maybe I had to buy the cab separately. Seems kind of stupid that a combo like a Twin or a B-15 would require the speaker (which comes with the real amp attached!) to be purchased additionally. I could (kind of) understand it if you were buying a head or something.

Had that been clear I wouldn't have wasted my money, which I did.

Instagram:
Old 05-22-2017, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Maybe I had to buy the cab separately. Seems kind of stupid that a combo like a Twin or a B-15 would require the speaker (which comes with the real amp attached!) to be purchased additionally. I could (kind of) understand it if you were buying a head or something.

Had that been clear I wouldn't have wasted my money, which I did.
Yeah I know it's stupid and I've had a go-round with Peter on this. He said it had something to do with being able to swap out the speaker cabs in AT4 - poor & lame excuse

With the modern solid state Portaflex-style amps Ampeg is doing you do purchase the head and cabinet separately. But the originals came as a package as we all know.

Back on this particular topic:
It's interesting how Waves has drastically cut it's prices - no wonder the group buy isn't going that well. Over-priced plugins from IK that aren't all that special. Take the API plugins for instance and compare to Waves ones. I'll say no more and let each draw their own conclusions.

QAPLA!