Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 PM

Default Re: App Manager Shows Pro Tools Licence as 'Not Activated'?

Just subscribe to the Technical Announcements thread. Or look in on the forum, sometimes there will be post about an update before I get an email from the TA thread.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Default App Manager Shows Pro Tools Licence as 'Not Activated'?

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the manager, rather than doing all these workarounds you like to. I like the functionality it provides.

This thread was more about an oddity with the app, so discussing its removal is somewhat off topic.

I will bear that option in mind if it starts to become a problem application though.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Default Re: App Manager Shows Pro Tools Licence as 'Not Activated'?

Still not fixed in 17.4.0; in case anyone's interested.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Application Manager shows activated Pro Tools licence as "Not Activated"

If experiencing this after restarting Application Manager or clearing cache files (with the iLok plugged in), please answer the following:
  • What version of Application Manager?
  • What version of iLok License Manager?
  • What is the name and date of the license that's activated?
  • What version of Pro Tools?
  • What OS version?
  • iLok 2 or 3?
  • Which USB port (and type) is the iLok connected to?
Thanks!

Last edited by jeffro; 04-26-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added question about name/date of license.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Application Manager shows activated Pro Tools licence as "Not Activated"

Thanks for looking into this! Interesting that you can't reproduce, as the support ticket reply I got made me think this was impacting everyone. That is why I started the (now merged) thread though, as I wanted to see if everyone had the same thing.

Details as follows:
  • I'm using App Manager 17.4.0, but as per my posts, it was an issue in the last couple of versions too.
  • As for iLok Manager, it's the current latest version too: 3.1.6.829 (r37016).
  • PT is also kept up-to-date, so I'm on 12.7.1.
  • I'm using an iLok 3 which is only a month or so old, connected directly to a USB port on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Firmware version 102.0.
  • Using macOS 10.12.4.

Also, if you want to see screenshots at all, they are available on my support case: 03153214.

EDIT: Just spotted your note about how to clear the cache files. Had missed it before, because they were from back when it was a different thread to mine. I can confirm that this didn't fix the issue (nor did restarting any of the apps).

Last edited by TheNeil; 04-26-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Added details about cache and iLok firmware version
Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 PM

One thing I do notice: Looks like we are all new buyers/installers of PT? Perhaps it's an issue with recent greenfield installs...
Old 04-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Thank you for that info!

Added a Q about the specific license that's activated.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:31 PM

It's a Pro Tools Perpetual license, located on that iLok 3; deposit date 21-Feb-2017 @18:12. I also have active Upgrades and Pro Tools Plan licenses on that same iLok too; they expire 21-Feb-2018.

As per my original post, they all show as '1 of 1 activations used' and PT works without any issue, so it seems to be something in terms of them speaking to App Manager.

The screenshots in my case include one of the exact licenses in iLok manager in my original case that's useful at all.

Hope this covers what you need?

Last edited by TheNeil; 04-26-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added some clarifications
Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM

That's great info, thanks so much. I'm seeing this now as well with a single Pro Tools Perpetual license deposited 1/23/2017 whereas both recent and older bundles are working properly. Adding this info to the bug report so hopefully that will help engineering isolate the cause & fix it.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 PM

Great! Thanks a lot.