Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Subscription not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5605 View Post
Still not resolved, have had to use Reaper for my last two sessions witch really slows down my workflow. I really hope that I at least get a free month out of this.
Good luck; I asked about compensation (thinking nothing more than a plug-in or summat), having endured this for the last 3 months and was told nothing was possible; pushing it further, my case was closed without notice.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:25 PM

Got it sorted they gave me a 30 day temporary license and when I opened PT I was able to choose between my regular subscription and the one they added.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:42 PM

Default Pro Tools Plan Sub Active, License Expired... Help?

Hi guys,

I know this has been a somewhat frequently asked question, but I seem to be having some troubles getting Pro Tools 12 to open all of a sudden and I can't find a solution...

I'm currently subscribed to the monthly subscription Pro Tools Plan. When I open my Application Manager, it says that my Pro Tools Plan is "active", but under Licenses it says Pro Tools 12 is "expired".

When I sign into my Avid Account via the website, it says I have 23 days remaining on my subscription... I've already contacted customer support, but I thought I'd try my luck anyways and see if someone has a quick fix for this problem. I just have a hard time understanding how my License is "expired" but my Plan is still "active" and I'm still being charged for it...

I have my licenses stored on my iLok 2.

If anyone could give me a little help/offer some insight (besides waiting for a response from Customer Service) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2016, 04:45 PM

I'm having a similar (exact?) issue.
Everything seems up to date with my monthly PT 12 subscription on the Avid website and my iLok (and by extension the iLok manager). My current month doesn't expire until February 6 (i.e. not for a few weeks).
Once I get to the screen asking to select a license, the options to show locations is greyed out...
This happened on both my Mac and Windows computers. Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 3.38.23 PM.jpg

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Any help is appreciated

PS: yes, my iLok is plugged in

Last edited by mdubmachine; 01-16-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added a PS
Old 01-16-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubmachine View Post
I'm having a similar (exact?) issue...
Welcome to the community.

Please check your email for a support case notice, thank you.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Plan Sub Active, License Expired... Help?

I'm having the exact same issue, as are a bunch of other people, but I don't see anybody finding a fix for it. I just see moderators telling people to contact support.

I wish I knew the fix, man. I've been a paid Pro Tools user for 12+ years. This kind of thing should not happen.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjn View Post
...I'm currently subscribed to the monthly subscription Pro Tools Plan. When I open my Application Manager, it says that my Pro Tools Plan is "active", but under Licenses it says Pro Tools 12 is "expired"...
Welcome to the community.

Looks like Kenneth replied earlier today and is working with you to solve this. Please continue to work with him via your support case, thanks.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightclique View Post
I'm having the exact same issue...
Sorry for the trouble. Re-deposited your license while CS is looking into your case.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Subscription not working (not automatically renewing)

Well.... just happened to me as well.

Tech support gave me a 2 days temporary sub while I'm sitting in que with the Web store customer service.

In my avid account page the subscription is current and won't expire till May and it is set in auto renew .....in my Ilok manager I see 2 Avid subscriptions, one listed as "pro-tools plan" which is active and one listed as "pro-tools 12" showing that is expired.

UPDATE: Avid web store support could not directly fix the problem and they "escalated" they issue to their techs, and I was assured my problem would be resolved in 24-48 hours

Last edited by Harleyman; 01-18-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Subscription not working (not automatically renewing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
In my avid account page the subscription is current and won't expire till May and it is set in auto renew .....in my Ilok manager I see 2 Avid subscriptions, one listed as "pro-tools plan" which is active and one listed as "pro-tools 12" showing that is expired.

UPDATE: Avid web store support could not directly fix the problem and they "escalated" they issue to their techs, and I was assured my problem would be resolved in 24-48 hours
Your case shows that your license was replaced yesterday by Avid CS.