Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 AM

Default EZDrummer Install Questions

Setting up a new system after 5 years and have 2 questions.

Firstly I now have 3 drive system do I can allocate one drive for samples and wondering if this is where I should consider putting EZD and it's expansions?

Secondly...and embarrassingly....I can't recall how to install it (it's been 5 years) I made a quick attempt from original installer cd and the files go on but I get nothing in PT10.My memory is telling me I need to shift a file manually but after a search on here I'm still not clear.

Any tips or hints from the Toontrack experts would be appreciated.I uninstalled my quick attempt to retry perhaps on the sample drive.

Thanks in advance to anyone that cares to toss an idea in :)

i7 Quad/Win 7/PT10 system
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Default Re: EZDrummer Install Questions

Download the latest version from your Toontrack account

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut View Post
Download the latest version from your Toontrack account

Rail
Hi Rail...and thanks!
I actually tried that but was getting errors....just discovered a fix for that on their support faq page so I'm off to try that again :)
If I can push my luck with you would you install to the system drive or the sample drive?
Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Install the VI itself to the "system" drive, where your OS is installed, and which is also where Pro Tools should be installed.

When using a three-drive configuration, reserve one drive for your Pro Tools sessions and audio, then put your VI's library/samples/content/whatever to a dedicated drive.
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 AM

Thanks guys...update patch cured all :)
Old 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM

FWIW, while SD2 makes it easy to install libraries on a separate samples drive, I have not seen that option in the EZX installers.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 AM

They have a free utility called SoundMover for that.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM

From the Manual....

2.2 Installing EZdrummer for Windows

Run the EZdrummer Installer and optional EZX Cocktail Installer located in the \Install\ folder of the DVD or electronic download and follow the instructions.
The plugin will be installed by default in the appropriate location for the currently installed host program.You should however verify that this is the case and perform a custom install to change the destination target if this is not adequate for your host program (see your host manual for details).

The sounds themselves, as well as various resources, are installed by default in: C:\Program Files\Toontrack\EZdrummer\Sounds\.You may choose to install in a different location but samples cannot be relocated at a later stage.

To uninstall simply re-run the installer located on the media that came with this product or use your operating system’s removal facility.

2.3 Installing EZdrummer for Macintosh

Run the EZdrummer Installer and optional EZX Cocktail Installer located in the /Install/ folder of the DVD or electronic download and follow the instructions. Please ensure you are logged in as an administrator before proceeding.

The plugin will be installed in the default location for your operating system and should not be moved to remain available to all users and programs.

The sounds themselves are installed in /Library/Application Support/EZdrummer/Sounds/. Sounds can only be relocated using the included Soundmover utility, and in no instances should they be moved manually. Doing so will render the program unusable.

To uninstall simply run the Uninstaller provided and select the components you wish to remove (use the dedicated Uninstaller to remove the EZX Cocktail selectively).
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Just did this last night. Had EZD installed for Cubase and Reaper, but couldn't find it in PT. After some research found out one has to install the 32bit update. The 64 bit doesn't work in PT per the developer.

Ran the update and it worked perfectly...