Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 AM

Default How do you do the color mixer thing?

I searched, but I think it's rollled off. How do you set up the color mixer?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: How do you do the color mixer thing?

Open the color palette window and Control-Option-Command-click anywhere in the window.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Thank You.
PT, thank you for simply answering this guy's question.
I was suprised to see that Drew didn't berate him for asking a question like this... I was expecting a "look it up in user's guide," or a,"you should do a search..."

This is the whole point people...we connect and get help.

Thank You PT Lover for not being a huge frikking tool.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Open the color palette window and Control-Option-Command-click anywhere in the window.
This is correct. If you like it please come support the thread up above yours as the colors were much better. We would like to expand this thinking of the Pro Tools Mixer and would love to have your support...

Thanx

M2E
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 PM

You're welcome.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Thank You.
PT, thank you for simply answering this guy's question.
I was suprised to see that Drew didn't berate him for asking a question like this... I was expecting a "look it up in user's guide," or a,"you should do a search..."

This is the whole point people...we connect and get help.

Thank You PT Lover for not being a huge frikking tool.
Dear Scott Leader / 98wildcat,

Once the threads got deleted where you were getting berated for asking questions that were very basic without doing anything to help yourself, in addition to the thread with your rant post against those berating you (pasted below), it seemed like maybe you realized that you were acting inappropriately, and you moved on, and hopefully grew up. Obviously not. Your posts are now deleted, but it is important that you understand why those responses should be expected and why your rant merely shows your unprofessionalism in addition to your naiveite.

Quote:

Poster: 98wildcat
Subject: Re: Open Letter to the "Experts" on this site

I thought the purpose of this forum is to learn. If I (like others) post a question that has been answered or is in the manual and this bothers you than please, just dont say anything!!

Is it really neccessary to berate people for wanting to learn? Sometimes the simple things can throw us off task like not knowing to look in the solo menu under options.

I dont care who the hell you are, how many classes you have taken, or how many grammy awards you have won. We are here to help each other with a common interest.

This is will be my last post on this site. I am sure many of you will be thrilled and continue to make fun of my business and teaching abilities because I had to ask a simple question.

Yeah, I am too lazy to look up the answer in the book. Guilty. Yeah, sometimes I dont feel like reading through older posts. Fine, but when I am working on fly and trying to move quickly I resort to asking a question. In the time it takes to go on an on about how stupid I am for asking this question or how lazy I am for not reading the book, you could just as simply wrote the answer or skipped the thread all together.

Are you all that big a bunch of loosers in life that you need to bully new users on this site? Were you all picked on as kids or something?

Whatever... GET A FRIKKING LIFE PEOPLE....Its only a computer program.

Therefore, here is some more free advice.

People here generally like to help, as they helped you politely and kindly for free several times, but after a while, they can start to get annoyed and harsh and you should understand why:

Some people get a bit edgy when they put in decades of 15 hour days and 6-7 day weeks, working their way up from the bottom, learning in every way they can, including reading every manual they can get their hands on, just to get to the expert (not "expert" as you put it) status, and then someone such as you comes around making multiple attempts at taking the very easiest route, expecting strangers to help you out with the most basic questions and situations, time after time after time. People were very kind to you in your early posts, answering your questions while also politely asking you to read the manual and/or hire someone to help you out, and when you continued to post many other simple problems without even doing the most basic diligence on your own that they suggested, they start to lose patience.

You further put yourself out for this criticism by advertising that you are Pro Tools Certified and by teaching these courses to make money. You can expect that these real experts will call you on that, since your posts show a complete lack of knowledge of the fundamentals of Pro Tools and audio engineering in general. Just remember that owning hundreds of thousands of dollars of audio gear doesn't make one a recording engineer. You need to do your homework and pay your dues like many of us here have.

Or, at least show a little effort, and maybe people will be more willing to help you out. Most of all, stop being bitter and acting as if you are owed something, and move on. Maybe you could even give back and help someone else out here who has a problem, rather than just expecting help and whining all the time.