Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2002, 04:50 PM

Default How to ear metronome

Guys I'm new to PTLE and the 002. I can see the metronome is giving me a 2 bar count on the screen but i can not ear any of it. What am I missing? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 07:07 AM
Avid

Default Re: How to ear metronome

Pro Tools is not equiped with an internal click generator. If you do not have any MIDI tone modules in your studio, you may generate a click with QuickTime Musical Instruments.

HOW TO CONFIGURE A CLICK WITH QUICKTIME MI:
-Launch the OMS Setup application.
-In the studio setup window, double click the QuickTime Musical Instrument icon and click the radio button next to the word "on" (the "Use Rock Drum Kit" checkbox is a completely arbitrary selection).
-Click the "OK" button, choose "save" from the file menu and quit OMS Setup.

-When using QuickTime Musical Instruments, the sound generated will be outputted via the Macintosh Sound Manager (i.e. the internal speaker).
-In order to route this signal elsewhere in your studio (such as 2 channels on your mixer or inputs on your audio interface) you need to:
-Open the Sound Control Panel and set its Output to “Built-In” and then connect a cable from the stereo miniplug (1/8") jack located on the rear of the Computer marked with speaker icon to the desired inputs in your studio (such as the analog inputs of your Digi002, Digi001, AMIII or MBox).

To configure a click in Pro Tools:
-Choose MIDI>Click Options
-Click and hold on the "Output" pop-up menu and select your destination device and channel.
-Choose channel 10 (this is the channel that contains all drum and non-pitched percussion sounds). (this holds true for any General MIDI synth)
-Select a note for the accented and unaccented beats via your MIDI controller or by typing in a note name with the Macintosh keyboard.
-Once you have configured the parameters of the Click options window to your liking, enable the click by choosing "click" in the MIDI pull-down menu or highlighting the metronome button in the MIDI controls portion of the Transport Window.

Brent
Old 11-05-2002, 07:17 AM

Brent : can you not just select digidesign in the sound manager.
When im not using ptle ie :recycle or something i can select the soundmanager to play through the 002 so i can hear a nice loud signal through my monitors & not through a crappy radio mac speaker. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 08:50 AM

Brent : can you not just select digidesign in the sound manager.
When im not using ptle ie :recycle or something i can select the soundmanager to play through the 002 so i can hear a nice loud signal through my monitors & not through a crappy radio mac speaker. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by cane:
can you not just select digidesign in the sound manager.
When im not using ptle ie :recycle or something i can select the soundmanager to play through the 002 so i can hear a nice loud signal through my monitors & not through a crappy radio mac speaker.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is the case only when Pro Tools is not running.

Since DAE has control of the hardware when Pro Tools is launched, audio outputted via Sound Manager will not go anywhere if your Sound Control Panel is set to "Digidesign."

Therefore, when it comes to monitoring the audio for a click track from QuickTime MI, your Sound Control Panel must be set to "Built-In."

Brent
Old 11-06-2002, 01:14 PM

you can grab my free RTAS Pluggo "CLICk" at www.sonoria.pl/jk