Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 12:16 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

This matter may be settled by:

1) Apogee annoucing a 192kHz version of the AD-8000 (and a Special Edition for "Apple Logic")

2) iZ Technology develops a AD/DA Box with RADAR conveters (you may as well buy the IDE version of the RADAR 24 and use it as a converter box).

3) Or we all lose interest in this thread starting........
Old 07-12-2002, 12:19 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

..... now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, anybody notice that Eminem was certified 4x platinum on his latest album? Just an HD factoid for ya! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 01:25 AM

Jules, you crack me up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 09:31 AM

Quote:
"Pro Tools on Waltons mountain" - a short play, adapted for internet audio forum by Julian Standen.
The scene - night time and the last light has just been extinquished in the Walton household.
Jules - "G'night Jim-Bob! G'night Mary-Ellen, G'night Grampa!"
All -G'night Jules!
(And from out in the field) - "EEYOR!"
All - G'night Mixerman!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LMAO!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now is time to say goodbye to all my DUC friends...M...I...X... it's been exciting...E...R...really had fun...M...A...N.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2002, 08:08 PM

**obscure reference removed**

Mr. Carlock writes:

Quote:
And so ends this chapter in Digi history!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">An infamous chapter at best.

Quote:
The retest ends as a forfeit by MM.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A forfeit by MM, or on behalf of MM? MM has proven his desire to speak for himself. I'm sure it ain't over 'til he sez it's over.

Quote:
It's been a third of a year with no retest from the accuser, a talented and respected engineer, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a talented and respected engineer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">"Accuser" is the correct term. "Is?" Hmmm... while MM's work may correctly command some respect (care to share some discography?), his "wolf" cry, combined with his other anonymous public flailings, has failed to establish any respect or credibility for his persona, regardless of one's position regarding "dahisla."

Quote:
Even the most brilliant minds engage in folly from time to time by way of good intention. So let's let MM stand with the dignity he deserves.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gawd, how transparent. RFLOL.

Quote:
But as is typical with Hollywood adventures, there could be a sequel if MM comes out to retest his discovery again.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sequel? THERE'S something to look forward to. Discovery? Assumption.

Quote:
If he contacts me about a test, I'll pass it on. But till then, have a great summer, make some great music. This case is CLOSED!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">**offensive close removed**

I won't be holding my breath.

Apologies to DC for the previous intro and outro, but the meat of the post stands (edited 7/15/02).

j
Old 07-12-2002, 08:28 PM

Why am I hearing strains of McCartney's "It's a Long and Winding Road" in the background?

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio
Old 07-12-2002, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCarlock:
And so ends this chapter in Digi history! The retest ends as a forfeit by MM. It's been a third of a year with no retest from the accuser, a talented and respected engineer, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a talented and respected engineer. Important point.

Even the most brilliant minds engage in folly from time to time by way of good intention. So let's let MM stand with the dignity he deserves.

This case is CLOSED!!

DC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dave, Dave...

Wow...all that frickin yelling from Mixerman and it's going to end like this?

OK...let's break this down...you write "but that doesn't change the fact that he is a talented and respected engineer". Let's stop there. First off, who the hell agrees with this? The guy is "anonymous", so are we to take your word for it? If Mixerman is indeed Eric Sarafin, well then that's a shame, because Eric Sarafin's bio is so totally pedestrian (as guaged by visiting allmusic.com.) I never felt the David Cassidy records sounded that good. So there goes that.

Dave, then you write "So let's let MM stand with the dignity he deserves.". Dave, you've been such a trooper through this but you have lost it here. This loser (MM) comes up to this site and screams, yells and kicks about how bad HD is. He even helps to invent some goofy word (slur?) for the ProTools format. Then he goes over to that sorry site of his and does more of the same. Then you see him at the rec.audio.pro group doing the same. OK...then he takes some heat because no one else is reporting the same results...so he says "I'll retest". Yeah, sure. Here we are, four months later, after Digiengineer and others have offered free studio time, free rental rigs and free lunch and no retest.

Any of us who thought MM would show just a touch of professional integrity...a small pinch of honesty and good faith in trying to replicate and substantiate his findings were wrong. Instead, as we should have predicted, he slithered back to the dark corner from whence he came, never to be heard of again. And you want us to show him "dignity"?

Hey...perhaps, as you've said, MM actually has some engineering skills. Perhaps he even has some good attributes as a human being. But in this issue, he's been completely unprofessional and irresponsible. Not to worry...he'll always have a future in used cars.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:13 AM

Speaking as an artist whose release name is 50Hz I am a little perturbed to find I will be played at a -6Db level on the new systems..Oh well.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:37 AM

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, he's too busy right now to redo the test?

It is a possibility, you know. Those of you who are used to working 14 hour, 7 day weeks, know what it's like to get a day off. The last thing you would want to do is spend it in a studio.

Or maybe you don't know what it's like. In that case you have even less of a reason to bitch about someone who does.

Living the dream.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:39 AM

It's time to hand out the awards.

I give the "Tolerance" award to Digidesign for allowing one man (mixerman) to make a frivolous accusation and allow it to play out without any interuption or intervention.

Applause..........