Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2020, 05:08 AM

Default Re: iLok Server Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Even a security update over supported OS version can cause trouble. So let's start with your OS and PT version so we can at least verify you are running supported configuration.
Yeah. Had a security update a couple of years back on my old iMac system with OSX10.9.5 that locked up my system. Thankfully had a CCC backup to the rescue.

QAPLA!
Old 03-30-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Even a security update over supported OS version can cause trouble. So let's start with your OS and PT version so we can at least verify you are running supported configuration.
sorry, I didn't give the tech specs only because I was having the same issues as others from what ive read except that I could open pro tools. But, pro tools was basically a desktop wall paper since I couldn't do anything once it opened so I figured it was the same issues. I wasn't trying to camp in the thread, I just didn't see the point in creating a new one since I thought my issues was directly related, I was just curious since I use a physical iLok.

BUTTTTTT. my issue was to my own ignorance. I went back into my ilok manager and I noticed that I had the option to turn off my cloud session. which was odd I thought, said it had been open since December which was when I made the switch to a physical ilok. so for anybody that doesn't know. you can have a physical iLOK and still have a cloud session open (I never knew that) so I turned the cloud off and it started working again.

again, sorry to not give any more info than I did, I always have before when I had issues and needed some guidance, I just figured I was in the same boat as most.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsMad03 View Post
sorry, I didn't give the tech specs only because I was having the same issues as others from what ive read except that I could open pro tools. But, pro tools was basically a desktop wall paper since I couldn't do anything once it opened so I figured it was the same issues. I wasn't trying to camp in the thread, I just didn't see the point in creating a new one since I thought my issues was directly related, I was just curious since I use a physical iLok.

BUTTTTTT. my issue was to my own ignorance. I went back into my ilok manager and I noticed that I had the option to turn off my cloud session. which was odd I thought, said it had been open since December which was when I made the switch to a physical ilok. so for anybody that doesn't know. you can have a physical iLOK and still have a cloud session open (I never knew that) so I turned the cloud off and it started working again.

again, sorry to not give any more info than I did, I always have before when I had issues and needed some guidance, I just figured I was in the same boat as most.
Every system is different and it could be the small things that are the problem. Luckily you found what's causing your issues. You may want to put correct updated system info in your profile with a line in your sig file pointing people to that. As I always say: there's no such thing as TMI (too much info) that can be given when asking for help here.

QAPLA!
Old 05-10-2020, 06:21 AM

Seems to be down again: from The Netherlands I get:

Quote:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.ilok.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
Old 05-10-2020, 06:27 AM

Same in sweden. Bad gateway

Why does this keep happening A LOT lately ...

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Why does this keep happening A LOT lately ...
The internet use is crazy now... It’s surprising that things are holding together as well as they are right now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 05-10-2020, 06:28 PM

UA Luna being free but requiring iLok cloud probably isn't helping...