Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-22-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Mac Pro HD cards not recognized/extension problems

I have a PCI-E Accel HD/2 system that I'm trying to move from my G5. They worked fine and dandy in the G5, but after migrating to the Mac Pro, they aren't even recognized. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them several times. Mac OS X "sees" them in the Expansion Card Utility as an "unknown vendor" and a 1x card, but the Digi test utility just won't pick them up (and yes it's the 7.2.1 version).

any ideas? Am I missing or forgetting something?

BTW. immediately after installing 7.2.1 and rebooting, the OS warns that "digiio.kext" and "digidal.kext" "were not installed properly and cannot be used", and to "check with the manufacturer for an update, etc... they are version 7.2.1 and are in the system/extensions folder where the installer put them. Could this be the main problem? Anyone know how to get it fixed? I assume these are drivers which would allow the system to talk to the cards properly...

Thanks in advance!