Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 AM

Default No virtual instruments for express

Hi,

I'm a newbie here so bare with me. I have installed pro tools express and run the installer for the virtual instruments but don't see them in pro tools. Out of curriosity on the i lok I only received only one license for pro tools express. Should there have been one for the virtual instruments as well? And if so how do I go about getting it?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 AM

Default Re: No virtual instruments for express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey5150 View Post
Hi,

I'm a newbie here so bare with me. I have installed pro tools express and run the installer for the virtual instruments but don't see them in pro tools. Out of curriosity on the i lok I only received only one license for pro tools express. Should there have been one for the virtual instruments as well? And if so how do I go about getting it?

Thanks
Hi,

Express includes boom drum machine, structure free sampler, and xpand 2.

No separate ilok auth is needed, just the one ilok auth for everything.

They should be under instruments in the plugins list! And most instruments require a stereo track.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM

Should that be under audio suite? It just says "none" there. I can't find any effects either. Maybe I should uninstall and try installing it again.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey5150 View Post
Should that be under audio suite? It just says "none" there. I can't find any effects either. Maybe I should uninstall and try installing it again.

The Instruments should show in the regular track inserts. They are not AudioSuite plugs.

Do you have Show inserts check in the Mix Window Shows catagory of the View menu.

Note: I do not have Express so I'm guessing that this information is correct.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM

Hi, I'm new also and having the same problem. When I create a new stereo track, then go to "Inserts A-E" and then "multi-mono plug-in" and then "Instruments", the only thing that is there is "click".

I tried to download and install the Avid Virtual Instruments Express 10 2 Installer, and it downloaded, but when I double-click on the "Avid Virtual Instruments Express setup.exe" file, I get an error that says, "Error reading setup initialization file".

Are there any instruments included in ProTools Express?

Thanks.

John
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM

I have protools and express and there are no virtual instruments in mine either. Same thing happened during installation. It seemed to have been included but did not install.