Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-14-2020, 04:11 PM

Default Space plugin fails to load in 2020

I am running 2018.7 (perpetual license) and renewed my support last Oct 2019. I was using PT with no issues after I renewed, however, I tried using it in 2020 and I keep getting a loading error for the SPACE plugin which was included in the original version I purchased and installed. Not sure what is going on with this... I read some of the other posts on the SPACE plugin, but I don't follow what I need to do. I looked in the Avid App manager and the SPACE plugin is "current". Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2020, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Space plugin fails to load in 2020

Hi, welcome to the community.

First of all you should check the license on your iLok license manager. How does it look like? And if you synchronise your license key, does that help?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Space plugin fails to load in 2020

I do not use an iLok dongle but use the internet to communicate with iLok website. Not sure what you mean by synchronise my license key? I renewed my Avid plan in Oct 2019 and I can run Pro Tools. It connects to the iLok over the internet and Pro Tools runs. I'm in the iLok manager now and it lists Pro Tools Perpetual and Avid Falcon AAX with an expiration date of 10/09/2020 (it has a green icon with UVI next to it). Pro Tools does load, but I get the error when it's loading about the Space plug in and it asks if I want to remove the Space plugin, which I do not since I believe I used on some tunes. Some history, I originally had the student version of Pro Tools installed on a different computer, then I upgraded to the Perpetual license version with 1 year support and installed it on this Windows 10 PC. I am currently running I renewed the support last Oct. I am running PT 2018.7, iLok manager is version 4.1.2.2231. I haven't really updated most of the Avid plugins. I'm kind of risk adverse. It's working, don't update.

I appreciate your help. This is all a mystery to me...