Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Default 9.0.2 crashes when setting X-Form algorithm

So here's the workflow :

I have a bass track that's edited and quantised using Elastic Audio Monophonic. My edits are finalised, so I want to set it to X-Form before rendering. Without fail, toward the end of X-Form being applied, I get "Pro Tools unexpectedly quit". I've tried disabling all other tracks and plugins, deleting all the prefs and digi databases, wavecache etc as well as rebooting / resetting PRAM. My setup is as follows :

10.6.5, 2.5ghz C2D Macbook Pro 2008 (4,1), 4GB RAM. Session is on a LaCie Quadra FW800 drive.

Anyone experiencing something similar?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Default Re: 9.0.2 crashes when setting X-Form algorithm

the same problem started for me last night. first time using X-form, it worked fine on a bass part (3 tracks, grouped) earlier in the day, no problems. Then i tried to use it again after editing an acoustic guitar part (2 tracks, grouped) and every single time, it seems to be working and then after awhile the whole program quits. Tried on my studio system (Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-core, OSX 10.6.5, 6 GB Ram, PT9HD 9.0.1) and on laptop (Macbook Pro 2.0 GHz Quad-core, OSX 10.6.6, 8 GB Ram, PT9 9.0.0) and had the same problem on both systems. Tried trashing the alternate playlists, saving the session as a new filename, rebooting, no dice. Hope to resolve this asap?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Avid

Can you zip up the AvidLogFiles folder located at MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Logs and email it to me at: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com?

Please include the thread number in the subject of your email and, if possible, indicate which Log files are the ones where you experienced the crash. A new log file is created each time you launch Pro Tools.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Hi Digitechspt - I've just emailed you the logs as requested.

I've reproduced that crash on the session that caused it, although I can instantiate X-Form without a crash on other sessions. However, even after creating a new session and importing all the data from the original session, it still crashes out at the end of the X-Form render on my bass track.

Thanks