Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 AM

Default Stoopid User Trick 43s and 44?

I KNOW this is gonna be filed under "stoopid user" questions... or under RTFM...

But I haven't found the answer in my searching, nor has any of my staff found it...

Edit Window; When scrolling through wav's with the jog wheel, when you get to your desired location, how do you set the cursor to that position without having to resort to reaching for the mouse to place the cursor?

I know I can grab the mark in or mark out and drag, but when you're doing say... a quick punch, or restart from a different point to listen... you just want to drop the cursor at a particular point.

Again, sorry for such a lame question, but this is one we just haven't been able to find.

-----

Now for stoopid question #2;

Since there is NOT a dedicated "Enter" key on the D-Command, is it possible to program one of the user defined function keys for that function?

So many times, I'm sitting in the middle of the control surface and then have to roll down to the keyboard just to click the mouse or hit the "Enter" key... or is this another one of those... RTFM?

Thanx!
Max
Old 06-26-2010, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Stoopid User Trick 43s and 44?

#1 Press and hold Mark In and Out while using the Jog Wheel, this will move the cursor. Is this what you want?

#2 Enter key, as is "Create Memory Location? If so, then yes, you can make Mem Loc from the softkeys.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:03 AM

For number 1, it is under Prefrences, Operation, Timeline insertion follows scrub/shuttle
Old 06-30-2010, 08:13 PM

Thanks gents...

#1) I already use the Mark In and Mark Out... I just wasn't sure if there was a way to have the cursor activate at the stop point when you scroll through a track.

#2) Many times there are dialog boxes that come up that need a simple "Enter" button key stroke that doesn't come up on the message scribble strips in the master section. You have to reach for the keyboard instead of a button on the console. That's what I was wondering if it was possible to program a straight forward "enter" key, in the softkeys.

Thanx
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 AM

ok... this thread is what I am referring to with regards to #1...

So, holding BOTH Mark In and Mark Out... I'll double check it's functionality, but this seems to be the answer I'm looking for...
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Pines View Post
ok... this thread is what I am referring to with regards to #1...

So, holding BOTH Mark In and Mark Out... I'll double check it's functionality, but this seems to be the answer I'm looking for...
That's what I was talking about. Sorry, should have said BOTH.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.